774AM bike path traffic report

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
John and Tracey(?) have just been discussing how great it is to have a regualr bike path traffic report :D:D:D:D

Someone (paul? wassit??) rang in to say one of the paths along the maribyrnong path underpasses is flooded

Woooot. keep this up peoplez. some of the best publicity for cycling that's immediate and into the heads of people as they sit in their congested cages

flyingdutch said:
John and Tracey(?) have just been discussing how great it is to have a regualr bike path traffic report :D:D:D:D

Someone (paul? wassit??) rang in to say one of the paths along the maribyrnong path underpasses is flooded

Woooot. keep this up peoplez. some of the best publicity for cycling that's immediate and into the heads of people as they sit in their congested cages
Yeah I actually heard that traffic report this morning...does that mean I'm turning into an old codger :rolleyes:

She was calling on people to send in their ride reports!

What would the contact number be?

Is it?::

Address:
ABC Southbank Centre
Level 2
120 Southbank Boulevard
Southbank, Victoria, 3006

Postal Address:
774 ABC Melbourne
GPO Box 9994
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001

Phone:
(03) 9626 1771 (774 enquiries)

1300 222 774 (talkback)*

"flyingdutch" wrote

> John and Tracey(?) have just been discussing how great it is to have a
> regualr bike path traffic report :D:D:D:D
>
> Someone (paul? wassit??) rang in to say one of the paths along the
> maribyrnong path underpasses is flooded
>
> Woooot. keep this up peoplez. some of the best publicity for cycling
> that's immediate and into the heads of people as they sit in their
> congested cages

Been following, these posts on ride reports. What a fantastic idea!
One of my cycling mates is an announcer on Sonshine FM here in Perth, and he
rides to work each morning. I shall get the ball rolling here in Perth.
The more the merrier!

BruceA

BruceA said:
Been following, these posts on ride reports. What a fantastic idea!
One of my cycling mates is an announcer on Sonshine FM here in Perth, and he
rides to work each morning. I shall get the ball rolling here in Perth.
The more the merrier!

BruceA

See a.b history here:

Bitter irony on 774AM
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t279981-bitter-irony-on-774am.html

ABC 774 Ride Report
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t281224-abc-774-ride-report.html

I put it on the blog too: There's sun glare on Gardiners Creek Bridge..

I initially contacted ABC 774 online using this form, check the ABC site for your city/region.
http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/contact.htm

Marx SS said:
What would the contact number be?

Is it?::

Address:
ABC Southbank Centre
Level 2
120 Southbank Boulevard
Southbank, Victoria, 3006

Postal Address:
774 ABC Melbourne
GPO Box 9994
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001

Phone:
(03) 9626 1771 (774 enquiries)

1300 222 774 (talkback)*

OR SMS

"cfsmtb" wrote

> See a.b history here:
>
> Bitter irony on 774AM
> http://www.cyclingforums.com/t279981-bitter-irony-on-774am.html
>
> ABC 774 Ride Report
> http://www.cyclingforums.com/t281224-abc-774-ride-report.html
>
> I put it on the blog too: ' There's sun glare on Gardiners Creek
> Bridge..' (http://tinyurl.com/7krtj)
>
> I initially contacted ABC 774 online using this form, check the ABC
> site for your city/region.
> http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/contact.htm

Thanks cfsmtb. I can send him these links so he can see what has developed
so far in Melbourne.

BruceA

essendon93 said:
Yeah I actually heard that traffic report this morning...does that mean I'm turning into an old codger
Umm, if you're listening to ABC, yes you're an old codger :p

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> John and Tracey(?) have just been discussing how great it is to have a
> regualr bike path traffic report :D:D:D:D
>
> Someone (paul? wassit??) rang in to say one of the paths along the
> maribyrnong path underpasses is flooded
>
> Woooot. keep this up peoplez. some of the best publicity for cycling
> that's immediate and into the heads of people as they sit in their
> congested cages

Was it perhaps the Moonee Ponds path? Certainly one of the underpasses
around the Dynon Freight yards was full to the brim this morning (2-3
feet deep) as the pump had apparently failed.

They were still clearing it tonight on the way back home.

Sounds like a nice fun job, working in 3 foot of water on a chilly
southerly wind day :(

Cheers Ray

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:36:57 +0800, BruceA wrote:

> One of my cycling mates is an announcer on Sonshine FM here in Perth, and he
> rides to work each morning. I shall get the ball rolling here in Perth.
> The more the merrier!

Ah, Sonshine FM, they make Curtin FM look like radical :)

Graeme Dods wrote:

> Ah, Sonshine FM, they make Curtin FM look like radical :)

Jesus Radio.

Theo

"Theo Bekkers" wrote
> Graeme Dods wrote:
>
>> Ah, Sonshine FM, they make Curtin FM look like radical :)

> Jesus Radio.

Gotta start somewhere, and that's where my contact is!
I have spoken with him and he thinks it's great idea. Expect it will be up
and running soon here in Perth.

BruceA

Theo Bekkers said:
Graeme Dods wrote:

> Ah, Sonshine FM, they make Curtin FM look like radical :)

Jesus Radio.

Theo
Didn't someone post to the forum a while back to say that they had seen Jesus on a bicycle in their local shopping centre?

Anyway, Sonshine FM could send out a blessing to all cyclists every morning and there would be no p***tures, no idiot peds on bikepaths trying to kill cyclists and no f***wit bogans anywhere near cyclists. Cyclists who did not tune in to get their blessing and subsequently stacked their bikes could still get the Lazarus treatment by tuning in later in the morning.

SteveA

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:40:19 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

> Jesus Radio.

Yep, that's almost exactly what I say when I accidentally tune into it,
only there's a decidedly un-religious word in the middle :)

Graeme

SteveA said:
Didn't someone post to the forum a while back to say that they had seen Jesus on a bicycle in their local shopping centre?

Anyway, Sonshine FM could send out a blessing to all cyclists every morning and there would be no p***tures, no idiot peds on bikepaths trying to kill cyclists and no f***wit bogans anywhere near cyclists. Cyclists who did not tune in to get their blessing and subsequently stacked their bikes could still get the Lazarus treatment by tuning in later in the morning.

SteveA

Who needs ABOC?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46435249@N00/43169145/

So who did the Queensbridge bikelane report this morning?

'waaaayyyytoogooommmaaaaattteeee'

if i may be so bold as to suggest tho that we keep em about the ease/benefits of riding bikes rather than anti-car stuff?
(otherwise the inevitable car driver is going to start SMSing in anti cyclist stuff too :rolleyes: )

cheers
FD