7spd freewheel (13-28 ratio) source wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete Whelan

Since Sachs appear to have stopped making freewheels altogether, the availablity of decent
freewheels seems to have dried up, including the cog boards for Sachs freewheels.

Does anyone know of a 13-28 freewheel source, almost any make considered?

I know Shimano do a 14-28, but would prefer a 13-28 for our tandem. The Bandits of Bridgewater have
a few grossly overpriced freewheels listed, which is pushing me to build a new wheel instead and use
a cassette, etc.

Pete (interchange the 12 to reply to the email)

Pete Whelan wrote:
> Since Sachs appear to have stopped making freewheels altogether, the availablity of decent
> freewheels seems to have dried up, including the cog boards for Sachs freewheels.
>
> Does anyone know of a 13-28 freewheel source, almost any make considered?
>
> I know Shimano do a 14-28, but would prefer a 13-28 for our tandem. The Bandits of Bridgewater
> have a few grossly overpriced freewheels listed, which is pushing me to build a new wheel instead
> and use a cassette, etc.

The March 2002 Hard To Find catalogue lists Maillard 13-28 7sp freewheels @ £19 ...Tel: 01296 747377
(Tue/Thur/Sat pm).

~PB

Pete Whelan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Since Sachs appear to have stopped making freewheels altogether, the availablity of decent
> freewheels seems to have dried up, including the cog boards for Sachs freewheels.
>
> Does anyone know of a 13-28 freewheel source, almost any make considered?
>
> I know Shimano do a 14-28, but would prefer a 13-28 for our tandem. The Bandits of Bridgewater
> have a few grossly overpriced freewheels listed, which is pushing me to build a new wheel instead
> and use a cassette, etc.

Parker International still have some Sachs stuff available, at more realistic prices than SJS.
Byercycles is another option - they seem to have Sachs offers in CW from time to time.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

Status
Not open for further replies.