8" Shimano rotor question

Axis

Guest
I have a set of 2003 deore 6" rotors disc brakes on my bike.
I want to get 8" rotors at least on the front. I prefer the
hayes rotors to the deore ones.

Can I just buy an 8" kit? If so where? I haven't been able
to locate any online. TIA

I have been warned to only use 8 inch rotors on the front if
the bike has a through axle.

Don't mean to start that front tire ejection thread again.

"Axis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:nDm2c-
[email protected]...
> I have a set of 2003 deore 6" rotors disc brakes on my
> bike. I want to
get
> 8" rotors at least on the front. I prefer the hayes rotors
> to the deore ones.
>
> Can I just buy an 8" kit? If so where? I haven't been able
> to locate any online. TIA

> I have been warned to only use 8 inch rotors on the front
> if the bike has
> through axle.
>
> Don't mean to start that front tire ejection thread again.
>
> > I have a set of 2003 deore 6" rotors disc brakes on my
> > bike. I want to
> get
> > 8" rotors at least on the front. I prefer the hayes
> > rotors to the deore ones.
> >
> > Can I just buy an 8" kit? If so where? I haven't been
> > able to locate
any
> > online. TIA

Huh? Front wheel ejection! I have the standard front axle,
should I not upgrade the rotor? Do I need a new fork and hub
for the thru axel?

Please advise!

There has been much debate about disk brakes and quick
release hubs. In short there have been deaths attributed to
the force of disk break ejecting the quick release from the
fork end...hence the name "Lawyers Taps" for the taps on the
forks dropouts.

Search Google and you will see numerous threads.

Yes if you switch to through axle you will need new
fork and hub.

"Axis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:J0n2c.24648-
[email protected]...
> > I have been warned to only use 8 inch rotors on the
> > front if the bike
has
> > through axle.
> >
> > Don't mean to start that front tire ejection thread
> > again.
> >
> > > I have a set of 2003 deore 6" rotors disc brakes on my
> > > bike. I want
> > get
> > > 8" rotors at least on the front. I prefer the hayes
> > > rotors to the
deore

"Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<qXm2c.9077$506.7450@fed1read05>...
> I have been warned to only use 8 inch rotors on the front
> if the bike has a through axle.
>
> Don't mean to start that front tire ejection thread again.

I was using an 8" rotor with a QR on the front. It never
caused me any problems. If you put the QR on correctly, it
shouldn't cause problems.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message
> > I have been warned to only use 8 inch rotors on the
> > front if the bike
has a
> > through axle.
> >
> > Don't mean to start that front tire ejection thread
> > again.
>
> I was using an 8" rotor with a QR on the front. It never
> caused me any problems. If you put the QR on correctly, it
> shouldn't cause problems.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

OK so where can i just buyt the adapter and rotor?