Can I use a 8-speed MTB rear derailleur on a 9-speed MTB
setup(shifters, cassette)? And how about the fron
derailleur, again mountain bike setup...
Thanks!
Jan
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Can I use a 8-speed MTB rear derailleur on a 9-speed MTB
setup(shifters, cassette)? And how about the fron
derailleur, again mountain bike setup...
Thanks!
Jan
basjan said:Can I use a 8-speed MTB rear derailleur on a 9-speed MTB
setup(shifters, cassette)? And how about the fron
derailleur, again mountain bike setup...
Yes.
Bill "99.9% sure" S.
8-speed front ders can be tempramental using 9-speed chain -
they're often very slightly wider so the narrow chain
doesn't get the shift leverage it otherwise would.
rear should be fine tho.
S o r n i said:basjan said:Can I use a 8-speed MTB rear derailleur on a 9-speed MTB
setup(shifters, cassette)? And how about the fron
derailleur, again mountain bike setup...Yes.
Bill "99.9% sure" S.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.