8 Speed Campag Record Sprockets

mrdsgs

Apr 12, 2005
I am new here, so hello!

I have campag record exa drive 8 speed cassettes and mainly use the 16, 17 and 18 sprockets, particularly the 17. I wear them out ina season. I only seem to be able to buy entire cassettes, and now only 13-23. No 18 is included in this. What I want is individual sprockets or a supplier of 13-21 exa drive 8 speed record cassettes.

Any thoughts or advice?

thanks in advance

Mrdsgs

mrdsgs said:
I am new here, so hello!

I have campag record exa drive 8 speed cassettes and mainly use the 16, 17 and 18 sprockets, particularly the 17. I wear them out ina season. I only seem to be able to buy entire cassettes, and now only 13-23. No 18 is included in this. What I want is individual sprockets or a supplier of 13-21 exa drive 8 speed record cassettes.

Any thoughts or advice?

thanks in advance

Mrdsgs
Try http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog13.html.

They don't seem to have any more 18T cogs though...

thanks for the link, but it is american and almost expensive for the 17 sprocket as an entiure cassette when shipping is included.

any more uk based ideas.

or anyone with spare/unused sprockets I could buy?

thanks agin

mrdsgs

no joy i'm afraid, but thanks anyway, it may prove auseful sight if anything else breaks!

mrdsgs

Ebay would be my suggestion. It is doughtful that you would find the specific sprokets individually however. If the presents ones are as worn as you indicate than a better solution maybe to replace the whole cassette and chain. That way you will have no problems. The idea of a chain jumping from new to even slightly worn sprockets seems like an invitation for trouble to me. More expensive but ultimately the proper way to go IMO.

thanks for that. I can and have bought 13-23 cassettes from ribble for £25.00 including delivery which is fine, but they don't include an 18. I mainly use 16, 17 and 18.

However I can cope with the drop from 17 to 19 if I have to.

the issue of worn sprockets is that the chain "slips" when under high pressure such as out of saddle climbing which is dangerous. The chain does not move to a different sprocket.

Ideally I want a supplier of 13-21 8 speed exa-drive cassettes if an individual sprocket supplier does not exist.

As you say ebay might work. I got my last one from there but it was part worn though works fine for now.

thanks again

mrdsgs

Although you will probably have to invest a bit, in the long run you could probably save money by going the marchisio route:

http://anysystem.de/

They specifically state that, with spacers, their gear works with 8, 9 and 10 speed campagnolo (and also that Japanese company's stuff ;) ).

Happy riding.

Powerful Pete said:
Although you will probably have to invest a bit, in the long run you could probably save money by going the marchisio route:

http://anysystem.de/

They specifically state that, with spacers, their gear works with 8, 9 and 10 speed campagnolo (and also that Japanese company's stuff ;) ).

Happy riding.
thanks for that powerful pete, i have emailed them with several questions.

mrdsgs

whilst awitinga response from anystems, i am looking into using marchisio sprockets, either one or two of them, 17 and 18 probably, in the middle of my campag record 8 speed exa drive cassette on a record 8 speed hub.

I understand the basics, but do I just need to by the sprockets and use my existing black plastic spacers or do i need 1 or more marchisio spacers.

I presume this hinges on whether the marchisio sprockets are the same thickness as the campag originals.

Also, do they fit on the campag cassette hub splines or do i need an adapter.

I have asked this to anystems but does anyone here know the answers from experience

thanks

mrdsgs

No problem. Can't help you with your specific requests, I guess you could say that, with my current mileage, I would use up a sprocket in say... 10-12 years. :(

Please do let us know what the nice marchisio people tell you!