8 speed Rapidfire shifter pods on 7 speed cassette

Zog The Undeniable

Guest
Will this work (in the event that I can't fix my old 7 speed
thumbshifters)? IIRC 7 speed and 8 speed have the same cog spacing...

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:
> Will this work (in the event that I can't fix my old 7 speed
> thumbshifters)? IIRC 7 speed and 8 speed have the same cog
> spacing...

About the same. It works fine for me and some people I know...

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> Will this work (in the event that I can't fix my old 7 speed
> thumbshifters)? IIRC 7 speed and 8 speed have the same cog spacing...

It is a little off. 7sp is 3.1 mm and 8sp is 3.0 mm. You could just put 8sp spacers into your 7sp
cassette, since the cogs are the same. Just use the r-der screw to lock out #8.