8" to 6"?

> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ok so you were serious. The answer is yes Cala, there is an adapter from most manufacturers to
> > go with the larger rotor because most forks in fact still have the brake mount in the same
> > location. the Avid 185mm and 203mm adapters are about $15 each. I forget what brakes you have.
>
> Thanks, Chris. Using XT hydraulics, they sell adapters for them?
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

The Avid adapters fit most of the brakes designed to fit the manitou post mount like Shimano
Deore and Hayes, the XTs are made to fit the Marzzochi style international mount so these
wouldn't work but there is a 203mm XT brake and as far as I know it's the same caliper as the
160mm just with an adapter. I haven't seen that adapter sold seperately but shimano may be able
to sell you one directly.
--