81 Trek 710 ?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by kemp, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. kemp

    kemp New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2003
    Hello from a newbie,

    I have a 1981 Trek, model 710, serial #001662 which has been hanging in my garage for over 20 years. It has been ridden less than 100 miles. It has a Phil Woods cassette crank bearing, Campy head bearings, and I think the handle bars are upgraded, otherwise stock.
    Believe it or not, and I didn't, the tires will hold pressure.

    Unfortunatly I am not able to ride it and I am wondering what it is worth, if anything.

    Tags:

  2. Dan Daniel

    Dan Daniel Guest

    On 4 Aug 2003 13:36:24 +0950, kemp <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello from a newbie,
    >
    >I have a 1981 Trek, model 710, serial #001662 which has been hanging in my garage for over 20
    >years. It has been ridden less than 100 miles. It has a Phil Woods cassette crank bearing, Campy
    >head bearings, and I think the handle bars are upgraded, otherwise stock. Believe it or not, and I
    >didn't, the tires will hold pressure.
    >
    >Unfortunatly I am not able to ride it and I am wondering what it is worth, if anything.

    I can't tell you what it is worth, but here's a place to poke around. It looks as if your model is
    from 1982 based on their serial number section.

    http://www.vintage-trek.com/index.htm