8mm allen that fits on a 6mm allan?

mtb Dad

Guest
Hi all
I'm looking to add an 8mm allan for crank bolts to about 5 or 6 family
seat bag tools cuz I don't want to replace the entire tool. I saw a 8
mm wrench that fits over a 6mm, but only as part of $30 tool. Anyone
carry those seperately?
Thanks

mtb Dad wrote:
> I'm looking to add an 8mm allan for crank bolts to about 5 or 6 family
> seat bag tools cuz I don't want to replace the entire tool. I saw a 8
> mm wrench that fits over a 6mm, but only as part of $30 tool. Anyone
> carry those seperately?

No, not separately AFAIK.
They are standard on most $10 foldup tools now if that helps.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Sep 10, 6:59 pm, mtb Dad <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm looking to add an 8mm allan for crank bolts to about 5 or 6 family
> seat bag tools cuz I don't want to replace the entire tool. I saw a 8
> mm wrench that fits over a 6mm, but only as part of $30 tool. Anyone
> carry those seperately?
> Thanks

You can get a Filzer multi-tool with one for $5.75 CDN, or a proper
8mm wrench for $3.50 or less. I appreciate the better leverage on the
'big' tool, myself. It's not like I money with crank bolts all that
often, either.

You can get one on the Park MT-1 tool, which is pretty light and
simple. However there are some reports of it breaking, so the 8mm may
be strictly an emergency tool...

JG

In article <[email protected]>, mtb
Dad <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all
> I'm looking to add an 8mm allan for crank bolts to about 5 or 6 family
> seat bag tools cuz I don't want to replace the entire tool. I saw a 8
> mm wrench that fits over a 6mm, but only as part of $30 tool. Anyone
> carry those seperately?
> Thanks

Do you mean a 6mm Allen key that, with the addition of a short
extension, fits an 8mm bolt? Very handy. I've not found the addition
sold separately but a set of Allen keys along with the 8mm extension is
cheap enough.

http://tinyurl.com/27vhnu

[ click for a larger view ]

mtb Dad wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm looking to add an 8mm allan for crank bolts to about 5 or 6 family
> seat bag tools cuz I don't want to replace the entire tool. I saw a 8
> mm wrench that fits over a 6mm, but only as part of $30 tool. Anyone
> carry those seperately?
> Thanks

no, only as part of a $5 set ;)

--