8th August 2006

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Random Data, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Random Data

    Random Data Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:57:25 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

    > Who's putting down ***Cyclist*** as their religion on the census?

    Oy! I suggested that two months ago:
    http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.bicycle/msg/f748b4dc81a505bf?hl=en&

    OK, I'm sure I wasn't the first.

    > Or even a hardwaste fixte/SS if he's acquired a bigger fleet. :)

    <Yoda> Another bike you must ride, mmmm! </yoda>
    I think N=9 at the moment.

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email protected]
    Researchers in Fairbanks Alaska announced last week that they have

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    It's been mentioned before .. and it should be raised again .. ;)

    Announcement: on 8th August 2006 you're either creatively partaking in cycling-orientated activities or taking the day off.

    You will also persuade all your family, friends and work colleagues to do likewise.

    Why?

    It's Census 2006:
    http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/d3310114.nsf/Home/census
    VicRoads: Cycling Data and Statistics
    http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/VRNE...08142E7-2F02453B9269FF86CA2571490007CD33?open

    You will ride around all day, imbibe coffee, eat bakery goods, have fun in the process, and *increase* those all important statistics that various tiers of Australian government base their cycling infrastructure funding upon.

    Another creative/evil idea.

    Actually, think again, it's probably a good one.

    Who's putting down ***Cyclist*** as their religion on the census?

    Forget the Jedi Knight palavar from a few years ago - convert now to the One True Faith: Obi-Wan Kenobi now rides a fully pimped Kona Stinky Delux. Or a Pinarello Dogma.

    Or even a hardwaste fixte/SS if he's acquired a bigger fleet. :)

  3. Jules

    Jules Guest

    4 years ago I seem to remember this same idea came up on aus.motorycles.

    They're all jedis now ;-)

    Jules

    - Seriously though, I don't think trying to manipulate the statistics is
    necessarily the best way to get better facilities. But I'm wrong 47%
    of the time...

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > It's been mentioned before .. and it should be raised again .. ;)
    >
    > Announcement: on 8th August 2006 you're either creatively partaking in
    > cycling-orientated activities or taking the day off.
    >
    > You will also persuade all your family, friends and work colleagues to
    > do likewise.
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > It's Census 2006:
    > http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/d3310114.nsf/Home/census
    > VicRoads: Cycling Data and Statistics
    > http://tinyurl.com/jqmwz
    >
    > You will ride around all day, imbibe coffee, eat bakery goods, have fun
    > in the process, and *increase* those all important statistics that
    > various tiers of Australian government base their cycling
    > infrastructure funding upon.
    >
    > Another creative/evil idea.
    >
    > Actually, think again, it's probably a good one.
    >
    > Who's putting down ***Cyclist*** as their religion on the census?
    >
    > Forget the Jedi Knight palavar from a few years ago - convert now to
    > the One True Faith: Obi-Wan Kenobi now rides a fully pimped Kona Stinky
    > Delux. Or a Pinarello Dogma.
    >
    > Or even a hardwaste fixte/SS if he's acquired a bigger fleet. :)

  4. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Random Data wrote:

    > I think N=9 at the moment.

    Only 33 to go...

    Parbs

  5. cogcontrol

    cogcontrol New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2004
    Who's putting down ***Cyclist*** as their religion on the census?

    Wouldnt dream of such a subversive thing........wanders off whistling nonchalantly.

    If fact if one is up to anything subversive,let alone riding a bike, the 8th August is the day.
    Bugger the coffee and bakeries, you can do that anyday.

    CC

  6. On 2006-07-25, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Who's putting down ***Cyclist*** as their religion on the census?

    Sorry, but the Pastafarians got there first.

  7. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    FSM is sooo daggy & last year.

  8. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-07-25, Stuart Lamble (aka Bruce)
    > On 2006-07-25, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Who's putting down ***Cyclist*** as their religion on the census?

    > Sorry, but the Pastafarians got there first.

    I'm just scared they'll think we wrote a writeo (what's a written
    tyop?), and meant "rastafarian". Eeeeek!

    --
    TimC
    "Some people think that noise abatement should be a higher priority for ATC. I