9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon

Wurm

Aug 6, 2004
Allegations Brought to Inspectors General

By Dan Eggen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, August 2, 2006; Page A03

Some staff members and commissioners of the Sept. 11 panel concluded that the Pentagon's initial story of how it reacted to the 2001 terrorist attacks may have been part of a deliberate effort to mislead the commission and the public rather than a reflection of the fog of events on that day, according to sources involved in the debate.

Suspicion of wrongdoing ran so deep that the 10-member commission, in a secret meeting at the end of its tenure in summer 2004, debated referring the matter to the Justice Department for criminal investigation, according to several commission sources. Staff members and some commissioners thought that e-mails and other evidence provided enough probable cause to believe that military and aviation officials violated the law by making false statements to Congress and to the commission, hoping to hide the bungled response to the hijackings, these sources said.

In the end, the panel agreed to a compromise, turning over the allegations to the inspectors general for the Defense and Transportation departments, who can make criminal referrals if they believe they are warranted, officials said.

"We to this day don't know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace Command] told us what they told us," said Thomas H. Kean, the former New Jersey Republican governor who led the commission. "It was just so far from the truth. . . ."

Article continues

...and you Right-Wing Sheep are saying that there was no 9-11 gov't conspiracy? :rolleyes: This is just the tip of the iceberg - there are loads of evidence beyond this that will sooner or later have to come out. Stay tuned.

What a pack of moronic, spineless traitors you have been.

:mad::mad::mad:

The commission does not respond because it cannot. This evidence reveals there was a cover-up - that the commission considered bringing criminal charges against the Pentagon for lying under oath and obstruction.

Like this entire administration, the commission has totally failed to uphold the oaths they each swore to the Constitution and as such are guilty of treason.

The official story behind the day that threw America into a police state is as ridiculous as the faux patriotism brandished by political fools, whores, and profiteers. The truth is truly terrifying, so Americans run from it and hide.

I wonder: where are the CF Busheep on this, such as wolfux, cheapass, 2FALSE, Eldron, TrekMedicated, etc? C'mon boys I'm calling you out! I thought there was "no proof" of these "left-wing conspiracy theories"?

Are they perhaps waiting for Limbaugh's or Coulter's or O'Reilly's lie-infested retort, so they can regurgitate it here?

Perhaps the surprising thing about this article is that it was considered newsworthy,even by the Washington Post.

"Pentagon tells Truth!" That's newsworthy!
Doubt we'll ever see it though...

That it was printed at all in the MSM is surprising. But then, there are several "moderate Conservatives" in revolt lately against their Neo-Con usurpers.

Makes one curious about what other damning info the press has been sitting on since 9-11.

Wurm said:
That it was printed at all in the MSM is surprising. But then, there are several "moderate Conservatives" in revolt lately against their Neo-Con usurpers.

Makes one curious about what other damning info the press has been sitting on since 9-11.

Hey! I've been called out!

For the record: I'm not a Bush supporter (shall I bold it and underline it Wurm?).

Mkay I read the first few lines and decided not to read the rest. Mostly because the first few paragraphs contained the following:

may have been part of a deliberate effort

Suspicion of wrongdoing ran so deep

evidence provided enough probable cause

Show me some facts and perhaps I'll read some of your cut'n'pastes...

Eldrons quote of the day: You shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet.

It's simple enough Eldron that I thought even you could understand:

"We to this day don't know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace Command] told us what they told us," said Thomas H. Kean, the former New Jersey Republican governor who led the commission. "It was just so far from the truth. . . ."

Doesn't look like "suspicion" or "may haves" to me. Kean clearly states that the commission was lied to by the Pentagon. If you can twist the meaning of that somehow, let me know.

Wurm said:
I wonder: where are the CF Busheep on this, such as wolfux, cheapass, 2FALSE, Eldron, TrekMedicated, etc? C'mon boys I'm calling you out! I thought there was "no proof" of these "left-wing conspiracy theories"?

Are they perhaps waiting for Limbaugh's or Coulter's or O'Reilly's lie-infested retort, so they can regurgitate it here?
just because i think you are a blithering idiot doesn't mean i'm a bush apologist.

cheapie said:
just because i think you are a blithering idiot doesn't mean i'm a bush apologist.
You know what they say about opinions: they're like assholes - everybody has one and most of them stink.

:p

Wurm said:
You know what they say about opinions: they're like assholes - everybody has one and most of them stink.

:p
why are you insterting a smiley? am i supposed to be amused that you are mocking me and my nick w/o any provocation? while there there exists a possibility that you may be a decent human being outside of this forum, you bring nothing positive to this place and it would be immeasurably better with your abscence. your single function here is slinging accusations against anyone and everyone with the barest of facts and you refuse to address your critics directly.

every time i look for new posts i have to wade through the countless piles of stinking garbage you deposit here and i wonder why in the world you even get out of bed. other than to spew vile everywhere, i can't think of any reason for you to exist.

if you even have one, go for a nice ride on your bike and return with a smile. then tell us about it. otherwise, go away.

cheapie said:
why are you insterting a smiley?
That one is "stick out tongue". Get it? :rolleyes:

I have usually "addressed my critics directly", and my facts have been ample to support my positions. The problem you have cheapass is you can't seem to admit said facts when they're right in front of your face. It is the typical GOP-supporter's tactic, but after all this time it still doesn't work.

As for the rest of your rant, like I said, opinions...

Wurm said:
It's simple enough Eldron that I thought even you could understand:

Doesn't look like "suspicion" or "may haves" to me. Kean clearly states that the commission was lied to by the Pentagon. If you can twist the meaning of that somehow, let me know.

So you don't believe NORAD but you believe a ex politician? A ex politician FFS? Do you actually know what politicians do? They warp the truth do gain popularity...

So 30 or 40 NORAD staff are trumped by one politician?

My advice for the day - give up your day job and take up roulette. It's about the same odds (37-1) - by your logic you can win all day.

Eldron said:
So you don't believe NORAD but you believe a ex politician? A ex politician FFS? Do you actually know what politicians do? They warp the truth do gain popularity...

So 30 or 40 NORAD staff are trumped by one politician?
And there's the spin folks!! What took you so long? :confused: Sorry, but 'no cigar' this time either.

NORAD/Pentagon are the ones with something to hide and the most to lose - are they not - because THEY ARE THE PERPETRATORS!

It's interesting that when the 9-11 Commission came out with their "findings", guys like you were the first to line up and say, "See, there's no conspiracy! It was those damned 19 turrrurrists just like Mr. Bush said. Al Qaeda is bad!" You had no problem believing those "politicians" then, but now that the cat is more or less out of the bag, suddenly they're all a pack of "lying politicians" and we are to put our trust in the US military - which has a stellar record on honesty and following the law recently, (Abu Garaib, Gitmo, Falluja, Haditha).

NOT!

You claim that you don't support the Neo Con/GOP policies, yet you sure try hard to excuse them at every turn. :eek:

I suggest you keep your pompous "advice" to yourself. It's doing no one any good around here.

Wurm said:
And there's the spin folks!! What took you so long? :confused: Sorry, but 'no cigar' this time either.

NORAD/Pentagon are the ones with something to hide and the most to lose - are they not - because THEY ARE THE PERPETRATORS!

It's interesting that when the 9-11 Commission came out with their "findings", guys like you were the first to line up and say, "See, there's no conspiracy! It was those damned 19 turrrurrists just like Mr. Bush said. Al Qaeda is bad!" You had no problem believing those "politicians" then, but now that the cat is more or less out of the bag, suddenly they're all a pack of "lying politicians" and we are to put our trust in the US military - which has a stellar record on honesty and following the law recently, (Abu Garaib, Gitmo, Falluja, Haditha).

NOT!

You claim that you don't support the Neo Con/GOP policies, yet you sure try hard to excuse them at every turn. :eek:

I suggest you keep your pompous "advice" to yourself. It's doing no one any good around here.

I love your little "guys like you" comments - it makes it nice and convenient for you to pop me in a pro Bush box and condemn the box.

I also love your double standards - me claiming that politicians may lie is spin but claiming that the US military are lying is the god endorsed truth.

You should check your colour (sorry color) palette - there are more colours on there than just black and white...

Still - I am wasting my breath/keyboard fingers - you are too wrapped up in your little conspiracy world and I am too wrapped up in my common sense world for us to ever agree on anything. You have the passion to keep on flying in the face of logic - I don't.

Tell you what - I'll try and let your seething angst roll over me like so much water off my ducky back.

People like you (hey I used your expression!) are so far down the anger road that they've lost the path back to reality...

Try coming up with any plausible, realistic, empirical answers for the inexplicable facts surrounding the 9-11 attacks (which I have posted on CF previously), then we can talk about your so-called "common sense world". Until then, your position is delusional and/or disingenuous.

REAL common sense would refute the official gov't/MSM version as sure as night follows day. But once again, you won't let the facts get in your way.

Try coming up with any plausible, realistic, empirical answers for the inexplicable facts surrounding the 9-11 attacks (which I have posted on CF previously), then we can talk about your so-called "common sense world". Until then, your position is delusional and/or disingenuous.

As Carl Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Inexplicable or not, the facts as presented are far more empirical than anything the conspiracy theorists have produced.

The burden of proof is on the theorists, and the simple fact is, they don't have any.

Ike90 said:
As Carl Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Inexplicable or not, the facts as presented are far more empirical than anything the conspiracy theorists have produced.

The burden of proof is on the theorists, and the simple fact is, they don't have any.
Yes they do. The problem with your ilk is you refuse to look at it, because you cannot bear to contemplate the truth.

Ike90 said:
Inexplicable or not, the facts as presented are far more empirical than anything the conspiracy theorists have produced.
The "facts as presented are far more empirical"? You must mean those "facts" that the Pentagon presented to the 9-11 Commission, about which the chairman (Kean) has recently said that what the Pentagon fed them was "so far from the truth".

Please continue to delude yourself while America is being destroyed right in front of your eyes.

Wurm said:

REAL common sense would refute the official gov't/MSM version as sure as night follows day. But once again, you won't let the facts get in your way.

Banging the 911 drum again huh?

Yeah - I remember the "factual" evidencde you cut'n'pasted - in it they claimed that because steel melts at 900C and office furniture and carpets only burn at 700C there were obviously explosives involved...

If the people sprouting "cold, hard facts" couldn't be bothered to spend 5 minutes opening a metallurgy text book to find the melting point of steel, 5 minutes opening a combustion handbook to find the flame temp for office furniture and didn't have the common sense to realise that steel doens't have to melt to have it's structural strength seriously compromised then why should I believe anything else they say?

Here are some plausible, realistic, empirical answers for the inexplicable facts facts: steel doesn't melt at 900C, office furniture burns a lot hotter than 700C...

None (especially Wurms) are so blind as those who do not want to see

How you like them facts?