I have a 9.5mm axle that I need nuts for. It's for a Taiwanese "TOV" costar brake hub. I cannot determine if it's 9.5mm X 24tpi or 9.5mm X 26tpi. I've checked Sheldon's site & an old Sutherlands. I have a metric thread gage w/ templates at 0.90 mm pitch; 1.0mm; 1.25mm; but no SAE gage. 26tpi calcs out to 0.98mm & 24 to 1.06mm. The 1.0mm pitch gage seems close, but not perfect. From Sutherlands I suspect its 9.5mm X 24tpi. I doubt they are interchangeable?
I have a 9.5mm axle that I need nuts for. It's for a Taiwanese "TOV" costar brake hub. I cannot determine if it's 9.5mm X 24tpi or 9.5mm X 26tpi. I've checked Sheldon's site & an old Sutherlands. I have a metric thread gage w/ templates at 0.90 mm pitch; 1.0mm; 1.25mm; but no SAE gage. 26tpi calcs out to 0.98mm & 24 to 1.06mm. The 1.0mm pitch gage seems close, but not perfect. From Sutherlands I suspect its 9.5mm X 24tpi. I doubt they are interchangeable?
almost all CB are 3/8 x 24
-- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
I have a 9.5mm axle that I need nuts for. It's for a Taiwanese "TOV" costar brake hub. I cannot determine if it's 9.5mm X 24tpi or 9.5mm X 26tpi. I've checked Sheldon's site & an old Sutherlands. I have a metric thread gage w/ templates at 0.90 mm pitch; 1.0mm; 1.25mm; but no SAE gage. 26tpi calcs out to 0.98mm & 24 to 1.06mm. The 1.0mm pitch gage seems close, but not perfect. From Sutherlands I suspect its 9.5mm X 24tpi. I doubt they are interchangeable?
almost all CB are 3/8 x 24
-- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Thanks, Andy 9.5mm & 3/8" are interchangable so long as the pitch is right. Correct? John
"john" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
A Muzi said:
john said:
I have a 9.5mm axle that I need nuts for. It's for a Taiwanese
"TOV"
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
costar brake hub. I cannot determine if it's 9.5mm X 24tpi or 9.5mm
X
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
26tpi. I've checked Sheldon's site & an old Sutherlands. I have a metric thread gage w/ templates at 0.90 mm pitch; 1.0mm; 1.25mm; but
no
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
SAE gage. 26tpi calcs out to 0.98mm & 24 to 1.06mm. The 1.0mm pitch gage seems close, but not perfect. From Sutherlands I suspect its
9.5mm
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
X 24tpi. I doubt they are interchangeable?
almost all CB are 3/8 x 24
-- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Thanks, Andy 9.5mm & 3/8" are interchangable so long as the pitch is right. Correct? John
9.5mm is .374" Vs. .375" for 3/8".
9.5mm is not a metric standard thread size so the axle is probably inch size to begin with.
Most Asian countries used to follow British "Imperial" thread standards for bicycles perhaps because Raleigh exported so many bikes to those parts of the world.
I have a 9.5mm axle that I need nuts for. It's for a Taiwanese "TOV" costar brake hub. I cannot determine if it's 9.5mm X 24tpi or 9.5mm X 26tpi. I've checked Sheldon's site & an old Sutherlands. I have a metric thread gage w/ templates at 0.90 mm pitch; 1.0mm; 1.25mm; but no SAE gage. 26tpi calcs out to 0.98mm & 24 to 1.06mm. The 1.0mm pitch gage seems close, but not perfect. From Sutherlands I suspect its 9.5mm X 24tpi. I doubt they are interchangeable?
almost all CB are 3/8 x 24
-- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Thanks, Andy 9.5mm & 3/8" are interchangable so long as the pitch is right. Correct? John
yes, that's right.
-- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971