9-spd cassette on 10-spd AC freehub?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Reed, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Mike Reed

    Mike Reed Guest

    I put a 9-speed shimano cassette onto a 10 speed American Classic
    Sprint 350, and it's too far to the right. Really close to the frame.

    I'm guessing that this must not be a 9/10 combo freehub, and the
    cassette just won't work with it. True?

    No big deal, they're extra wheels from a temporary trade with my
    brother-in-law.

    Thanks!

    -Mike

    Tags:

  2. Mike Reed wrote:
    > I put a 9-speed shimano cassette onto a 10 speed American Classic
    > Sprint 350, and it's too far to the right. Really close to the frame.

    That's normal. Does it rub?

    > I'm guessing that this must not be a 9/10 combo freehub, and the
    > cassette just won't work with it. True?

    Does it rub?

    > No big deal, they're extra wheels from a temporary trade with my
    > brother-in-law.

    I run my AC hub with a 10-speed AC Campy conversion cassette. Runs
    precariously close, but just fine.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. Mike Reed

    Mike Reed Guest

    Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
    > Mike Reed wrote:
    > > I put a 9-speed shimano cassette onto a 10 speed American Classic
    > > Sprint 350, and it's too far to the right. Really close to the frame.

    > That's normal. Does it rub?

    No.

    > > I'm guessing that this must not be a 9/10 combo freehub, and the
    > > cassette just won't work with it. True?

    > Does it rub?

    No.

    > > No big deal, they're extra wheels from a temporary trade with my
    > > brother-in-law.

    > I run my AC hub with a 10-speed AC Campy conversion cassette. Runs
    > precariously close, but just fine.

    Cool... I'll just readjust my der. stops and have at it then.

    Thanks.