9 Speed 105 Shimano compatiblilty with Campagnolo Eurus wheelset

dommyk

Aug 11, 2007
Hi guys

My mate has just offloaded his old wheelset (the Eurus) to me but I have found out that there may be issues with putting the campy wheel set on my 105 set up.

The wheels that are on now are Aksium Race

Is there a way I could get around this? I dont know much about the drivetrain config so anything of help would be great... as I'd love to put the wheels on!!

I heard that perhaps the only way of putting them on is that I upgrade my groupset... to fit a Campag wheel

A key issue is my cash flow, as I dont have enough to buy a new groupo

Not sure if thats enough information, if not I can post more!

Thanks in advance,
Dom

dommyk said:
Hi guys

My mate has just offloaded his old wheelset (the Eurus) to me but I have found out that there may be issues with putting the campy wheel set on my 105 set up.

The wheels that are on now are Aksium Race

Is there a way I could get around this? I dont know much about the drivetrain config so anything of help would be great... as I'd love to put the wheels on!!

I heard that perhaps the only way of putting them on is that I upgrade my groupset... to fit a Campag wheel

A key issue is my cash flow, as I dont have enough to buy a new groupo

Not sure if thats enough information, if not I can post more!

Thanks in advance,
Dom

Campagnolo makes a shimano compatible freehub body to fit that wheel. See a competent LBS that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', or I'll send ya one.

Peter@vecchios said:
Campagnolo makes a shimano compatible freehub body to fit that wheel. See a competent LBS that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', or I'll send ya one.

a freehub body, not a competent LBS.....

Peter@vecchios said:
a freehub body, not a competent LBS.....
I'm still awaiting for the supplier from the LBS to come up with the goods... =( should be on the way here ... SOON! i hope

I did this same thing with an Ultegra drivetrain and Campy Zonda wheels. All you have to do is get a new Shimano compatible freehub body and install it. You can use the same rear cluster you have now.

did the wheelset come with a cassette mounted on it? did you try it on your bike? i have seen a few campy 9sp wheels run quite nicely on shimano 9sp bikes...

all's'miles

curby