9 speed Campy on a 9 speed Shimano hub

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andrew Karre, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Andrew Karre

    Andrew Karre Guest

    This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it. Surely
    the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9 speed hub.
    Are there other products/techniques?

    Thanks, Andrew

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. "Andrew Karre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it.
    > Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9
    > speed hub. Are there other products/techniques?
    >
    > Thanks, Andrew
    >
    > [email protected]

    Andrew: I made the same query a while ago, and everyone answered that a 9-speed Shimano wheel/cogset
    will work very well while using Campy everything else. No modifications needed.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Andrew Karre
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it.
    >Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9 speed
    >hub. Are there other products/techniques?

    Most common technique is to do nothing, just adjust it and ride.

    --Paul

  4. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    You don't have to do anything. Just put the wheel in and adjust the stops and tension. The tension
    should be low enough so that you have to hold the lever in order for the cable to go from the
    smallest to the next cog. Under load, it will go up fine. You can also put in 2x campy width 2.8 mm
    spacers if they will fit.

    On 24 Mar 2003 09:27:48 -0800, [email protected] (Andrew Karre) wrote:

    >This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it.
    >Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9 speed
    >hub. Are there other products/techniques?
    >
    >Thanks, Andrew
    >
    >[email protected]

  5. andrew-<< Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a
    Shimano 9 speed hub. Are there other products/techniques?

    Put a shimano 9s casette onto the freehub, use a shimano 9s chain-adjust the Campagnolo 9s ERGO
    ders-go ride-no spacers, etc needed....