9 speed Campy on a 9 speed Shimano hub

Andrew Karre

Guest
This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it. Surely
the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9 speed hub.
Are there other products/techniques?

Thanks, Andrew

[email protected]

"Andrew Karre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it.
> Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9
> speed hub. Are there other products/techniques?
>
> Thanks, Andrew
>
> [email protected]

Andrew: I made the same query a while ago, and everyone answered that a 9-speed Shimano wheel/cogset
will work very well while using Campy everything else. No modifications needed.

In article <[email protected]>, Andrew Karre
<[email protected]> wrote:
>This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it.
>Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9 speed
>hub. Are there other products/techniques?

Most common technique is to do nothing, just adjust it and ride.

--Paul

You don't have to do anything. Just put the wheel in and adjust the stops and tension. The tension
should be low enough so that you have to hold the lever in order for the cable to go from the
smallest to the next cog. Under load, it will go up fine. You can also put in 2x campy width 2.8 mm
spacers if they will fit.

On 24 Mar 2003 09:27:48 -0800, [email protected] (Andrew Karre) wrote:

>This is probably a hackneyed subject, but if someone could just update me, I'd appreciate it.
>Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a Shimano 9 speed
>hub. Are there other products/techniques?
>
>Thanks, Andrew
>
>[email protected]

andrew-<< Surely the $160 Wheel Mfc. cassette isn't the only way I can get Campy spacing on a
Shimano 9 speed hub. Are there other products/techniques?

Put a shimano 9s casette onto the freehub, use a shimano 9s chain-adjust the Campagnolo 9s ERGO
ders-go ride-no spacers, etc needed....