9 speed chain

cy<< I discovered that I am running an 8 speed chain on a 9 speed Shimano cassette. It shifts very
well. Outside of the weight am I doing any damage?

Nope and what 'weight'???>

Then why does Shimano make 8-speed and 9-speed chains, if they're interchangable?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> cy<< I discovered that I am running an 8 speed chain on a 9 speed Shimano cassette. It shifts very
> well. Outside of the weight am I doing any damage?
>
> Nope and what 'weight'???>

A wider chain has to weigh more. According to my Shimano sources about 30 grams. Thanks for
the answer.
--
Cy Galley - Bellanca Champion Club Newsletter Editor & EAA TC www.bellanca-championclub.com We
support Aeroncas

"Cy Galley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<4u2Y9.18100$AV4.1848@sccrnsc01>...
> A wider chain has to weigh more. According to my Shimano sources about 30 grams. Thanks for
> the answer.
> --
> Cy Galley - Bellanca Champion Club Newsletter Editor & EAA TC www.bellanca-championclub.com We
> support Aeroncas
>
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > cy<< I discovered that I am running an 8 speed chain on a 9 speed Shimano cassette. It shifts
> > very well. Outside of the weight am I doing any damage?
> >
> > Nope and what 'weight'???>
> >

> > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Exactly *which* 8sp chain did you successfully use?

Thanks and safe riding, Joe Dickman