94.7 Cycle Challenge 2003

RalleighOke

Jan 29, 2003
The entries have opened today and already 500 entries. The organisers advised that they are going to limit the entries to only 25 000 cyclist this year and plan another full road closure:D

Sad part coming - if you do not have a winning time chip you will be billed with an additional R80,00 to enter, talk about monopoly:mad:

Seems I have to get one now. I haven't done the 94.7 and I'll be damned if I miss the 2nd biggest race in SA, I already missed out on the Argus:mad:

Why don't they just open entries for ALL the races for the next 10 years? We can make a BULK payment into their account and they will earn interest on the money. That way we can plan our lives around cycling races. "Hey, wanna come along to the Tour de France in 2005? All expenses paid?" "No can do, I've already entered for the Jock" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Vo2
Why don't they just open entries for ALL the races for the next 10 years? We can make a BULK payment into their account and they will earn interest on the money. That way we can plan our lives around cycling races. "Hey, wanna come along to the Tour de France in 2005? All expenses paid?" "No can do, I've already entered for the Jock" :rolleyes:

:D :D

Bringing me to another point. I have now phoned 4 bike shops (incl cyclelab)....guess what??? None of them have any WT chips. One shop advise me they ordered long ago but it just never arrived. That means 1) If I enter without the chip they charge me an additional R80 :mad: to rent a chip. Which means I have to go out and still buy a chip for R80,00. RIPOFFS. And this because there is not supplies in the bike shop. :mad:

Dear Ralleighoke

Hi there this seems Like a Crazy Way for the Organisers to make a Few Extra Dollars which is Fair enough which seems to me that the Idea about Us paying organisers Money for like the next few years is a good way for them to make money but if we where to pay all this Nonrefundable money to them and then when race day comes and we fall sick or we found a better race somewhere else that means we loose out so I mean 80.00R is not that much I dont think if you think about it.

Well My most Important point is can you please inform me more about this race and how can we entre it and what distance is and do they have a website for them and can you win points that go towards your National Ranking or Lisence well I hope you can help me and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Originally posted by MD-CYCLIST
Dear Ralleighoke

Hi there this seems Like a Crazy Way for the Organisers to make a Few Extra Dollars which is Fair enough which seems to me that the Idea about Us paying organisers Money for like the next few years is a good way for them to make money but if we where to pay all this Nonrefundable money to them and then when race day comes and we fall sick or we found a better race somewhere else that means we loose out so I mean 80.00R is not that much I dont think if you think about it.

Well My most Important point is can you please inform me more about this race and how can we entre it and what distance is and do they have a website for them and can you win points that go towards your National Ranking or Lisence well I hope you can help me and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

The R80,00 is only to get a chip so that they can time you. If you take that to buy a chip costs R80,00 and then you still need to pay R160,00 to enter the event (that app 20 pounds). It is expensive.

As for this race, no you will not get UCI points. It is a similar race to the Argus but also a helluva lot of fun.

It you want to see more go to: www.highveld.co.za and go to the link stating 94,7 which is also the number of km's of the race.

Unfotunately The liberty Seeding series is holding a monopoly on all the Races who wish to conform to be allowed to act as seeding events for the Argus. Including 94.7. This then means that to conform 94.7 must use WT Chips. Which the cyclists are forced to purchase. For first time and once off cyclists this is grossly unfair. But what option does 94.7 have other than to risk a break from argus. Which means that argus cannot use 94.7 to seed or 94.7 cannot use argus to seed if the break is made.