94.7 - General Discussion

The wife does'nt fancy the nipple-level shave on me, so I go up to just below the crotch ;D

I only shave once a week even though it grows quickly. I have been doing so since I started racing in 1994. never knew about shaving until I had my first crash and couldn't ride with a huge scab on my knee.

I only ever had rashes for the first few times I shaved and mostly because I shaved too often (every 3 or 4 days).

I swim too so have to shave up to the speedo level :eek:
But I don't go any higher than that (until neck & face) ;D

hey, theres an echo in here!
lach.gif

Okay Sean_L, we got it ;D ;D ;D

I'm also having some access problems, wassup VO2 ???

MAJOR thunderstorm in JHB! :eek:
Somethings gotta give!
yeup. The g/f just phoned me. She hit a puddle of water on the highway and spun the car off onto the grass verge. Luckily no harm done to her or the car. She's just a little shaken.

I'm just thinking how I'm going to get home though, My tyres are bals and I was going to get new ones next week, in this weather the car is all over the place.

I've got rivers in the streets here in Midrand. Gonna try get through to the expo now to collect my number!! Breal out the rubber duckie :D

hey just wondering do all you south africans speek africaans too?. ;D ;D ;D

yeup. The g/f just phoned me. She hit a puddle of water on the highway and spun the car off onto the grass verge. Luckily no harm done to her or the car. She's just a little shaken.

I'm just thinking how I'm going to get home though, My tyres are bals and I was going to get new ones next week, in this weather the car is all over the place.

Whoa, better get some rubber on that car, mate! :eek:

hey just wondering do all you south africans speek africaans too?. ;D ;D ;D

Ja, Nicholas, ons almal praat lekker Afrikaans! ;D

Translated, that means: Yes, Nicholas, we all talk lekker Afrikaans! ;D

Ja, Nicholas, ons almal praat lekker Afrikaans! ;D

Translated, that means: Yes, Nicholas, we all talk lekker Afrikaans! ;D

Actually directly translated is means "Yes Nicholas, we all talk sweet Afrikaans" :D:D

Nicholas, Afrikaans was taught to us at school as a second language, therefore most scholard South Africans have a vague grasp of it.

:) Hi All. Hercules bicycles used to be made in S.A.
Do you still have any major bicycle industry over
there? Just curious, because I recently found an
old Hercules bike, 'New Yorker' model. Very dilapidated,
couldn't save much of it at all. 26 X 1 3/8 wheels, rims made
in Springs, S.A. ' Cycsad' saddle, freewheel single gear,
caliper brakes.

Hey guys, Just back from collecting my number st the expo. Very quiet because of the storm (Apparently a woman was hit by lightning in Midrand while talking on the phone - Rushed to hospital)
Back to the expo - Very small compared to the Argus expo. Saw Nick White at PANDA/HSBC stand, Cyclelab stand is quite nice, they're giving away tattoos and pacing stickers. Kim Carter doing some last minute training on the rollers (Looks pretty hairy - the rollers that is not Kim Carter)
I haven't had chance to look in my goody bag yet but I can see a Hollard water bottle through the packet (I Love Free Stuff ;D ;D ;D). I think I'll go tomorrow and get some more free stuff ;)

CarboLoad on the desk, sippin' it like crazy, got a pasta party evening planned for Friday with some friends who are also riding, will have to indulge in a little wine however :D

Yeah, sounds cool! The pasta is a good idea, but the wine indulgence will come back to haunt you ;D

Will be getting my number this arvies.

Been drinking Energade Megaload the whole week and will be going to get some pasta for lunch, followed by pasta or chicken for dinner with the g/f. I've never been able to stuff myself with carbs, always get way to full before anyone else.

mc_am_pcloudy_pm_thunder.gif

Weather forecast has changed from 'Showers' to 'Thunder', but still only in the afternoon. Wind forecast still 'ZERO' ;D