94bcd, 48 tooth chainring - do they make them?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by B, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. B

    B Guest

    I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    (remove clothes to reply)

    Tags:

  2. B wrote:

    > I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found?

    We've got 'em, 50s too.

    See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/chainrings.html#94

    Might have some cheaper 48s too, without ramps/pins.

    Sheldon "Chainrings" Brown +----------------------------------------+
    | Cyclists fare best when they act and | are treated as drivers of vehicles. | -- John Forester |
    | http://www.johnforester.com/ |
    +----------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  3. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:58 +0000, B wrote:

    > I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page

    www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
    www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

    But they do seem to be getting harder to find. I have seen 50s advertised as well (for downhills).
    46 are still quite easy to find.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. _`\(,_ | That is easy. All
    you have to do is tell them they are being (_)/ (_) | attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for
    lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any <country. --
    Hermann Goering

  4. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:50:15 -0400, "David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> may have said:

    >On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:58 +0000, B wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B
    >
    >A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page
    >
    >www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
    >www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

    Note that the BikePro site appears to have had no updates since sometime in 1997 or 1998.

  5. Chris B .

    Chris B . Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:50:15 -0400, "David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:58 +0000, B wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B
    >
    >A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page
    >
    >www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
    >www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

    Have you shopped at Bike Pro recently? <g>

    Maybe http://www.chainrings.com/ ?

    >But they do seem to be getting harder to find. I have seen 50s advertised as well (for downhills).
    >46 are still quite easy to find.

    I think most shops can order in what you need, unless it's a real oddball size. There are a few
    places online who have tremendous selection, but that shouldn't be neccessary in this case. One
    store local to me has a 94mm BCD, 50T chainring on display (probably for the Mountain Dew crowd, as
    you surmise).

    --
    Chris Bird

  6. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    B wrote:

    > I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    Not a rare item. We have 'em as do most competent shops which service bicycles