94bcd, 48 tooth chainring - do they make them?

I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

(remove clothes to reply)

B wrote:

> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found?

We've got 'em, 50s too.

See: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/chainrings.html#94

Might have some cheaper 48s too, without ramps/pins.

Sheldon "Chainrings" Brown +----------------------------------------+
| Cyclists fare best when they act and | are treated as drivers of vehicles. | -- John Forester |
| http://www.johnforester.com/ |
+----------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:58 +0000, B wrote:

> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page

www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

But they do seem to be getting harder to find. I have seen 50s advertised as well (for downhills).
46 are still quite easy to find.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. _`\(,_ | That is easy. All
you have to do is tell them they are being (_)/ (_) | attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for
lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any <country. --
Hermann Goering

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:50:15 -0400, "David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> may have said:

>On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:58 +0000, B wrote:
>
>> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B
>
>A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page
>
>www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
>www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

Note that the BikePro site appears to have had no updates since sometime in 1997 or 1998.

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:50:15 -0400, "David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:44:58 +0000, B wrote:
>
>> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B
>
>A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page
>
>www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
>www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

Have you shopped at Bike Pro recently? <g>

Maybe http://www.chainrings.com/ ?

>But they do seem to be getting harder to find. I have seen 50s advertised as well (for downhills).
>46 are still quite easy to find.

I think most shops can order in what you need, unless it's a real oddball size. There are a few
places online who have tremendous selection, but that shouldn't be neccessary in this case. One
store local to me has a 94mm BCD, 50T chainring on display (probably for the Mountain Dew crowd, as
you surmise).

--
Chris Bird

B wrote:

> I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

Not a rare item. We have 'em as do most competent shops which service bicycles