94mm BCD (5 bolt), 32 tooth, STEEL chainring with pins and ramps.

Llatikcuf wrote:
> Does such a beast exist?

Actually, if you are willing to settle for junk, it might; I found a
similar oddity:

My funky 1994 Shimano 7000 hybrid-group crank came with 42-32-20
chainrings. I think this was pre-compact-drive; anyway the outer ring
BCD was 110, and the 20 and 32 *both* attached to the smaller bolt
circle (I assume 58).

I despaired of finding a replacement when the middle ring wore out (it's
my commuter, and the chain gets cleaned *very* infrequently for the
schmutz it has to go through).

Then I went by one of the LBS's and they had a "junk" steel chainring in
the junk drawer, gave it to me for $5. The ring is stamped, has pick-up
ramps that are stamped/bulged in the ring, but it works fine and has
lasted well.

So check out your LBS junk drawer!

Mark

Mark Janeba wrote:
> Llatikcuf wrote:
> > Does such a beast exist?

> Actually, if you are willing to settle for junk, it might; I found a
> similar oddity:
>
> My funky 1994 Shimano 7000 hybrid-group crank came with 42-32-20
> chainrings. I think this was pre-compact-drive; anyway the outer ring
> BCD was 110, and the 20 and 32 *both* attached to the smaller bolt
> circle (I assume 58).

Yikes! Mark- that was from the Shimano 700CX/400CX groups- and you're
right, the 32-tooth ring fit the smaller, 58mm bolt circle.

I just looked at my mountain bike, which has a Sugino crankset with
58/94mm bolt pattern 22/32/42, pinned & ramped chainrings. I *think*
the middle ring is steel ( I couldn't find a magnet to test it). If
you're digging through junk bins, look for Sugino "CSS" chainrings.

Jeff

JeffWills wrote:
> Mark Janeba wrote:
>
>>Llatikcuf wrote:
>>
>>>Does such a beast exist?

>>Actually, if you are willing to settle for junk, it might; I found a
>>similar oddity:
>>
>>My funky 1994 Shimano 7000 hybrid-group crank came with 42-32-20
>>chainrings. I think this was pre-compact-drive; anyway the outer ring
>>BCD was 110, and the 20 and 32 *both* attached to the smaller bolt
>>circle (I assume 58).
>>

> Yikes! Mark- that was from the Shimano 700CX/400CX groups- and you're
> right, the 32-tooth ring fit the smaller, 58mm bolt circle.

Oops - you've got the model numbers correct, I put on an extra "0" by
mistake. -MJ