'98 XTR RD-M951 instructions?

Terence French

Guest
I picked up one of these on ebay a while back and unfortunately the instructions are missing. It's
the 8-speed Rapid Rise model with the roller guide. Anyone happen to have an instruction guide oder
a URL? The Shimano site has nothing, not even an eploded view - the model's probably too old. Thanks
in advance, Terence

Terence French wrote:
> I picked up one of these on ebay a while back and unfortunately the instructions are missing. It's
> the 8-speed Rapid Rise model with the roller guide. Anyone happen to have an instruction guide
> oder a URL? The Shimano site has nothing, not even an eploded view - the model's probably too old.

Try this: http://www.ubike.com/reference/shimano/rdm951.htm

Jim Price

Jim Price wrote:
> Terence French wrote:
>> I picked up one of these on ebay a while back and unfortunately the instructions are missing.
>> It's the 8-speed Rapid Rise model with the roller guide. Anyone happen to have an instruction
>> guide oder a URL? The Shimano site has nothing, not even an eploded view - the model's probably
>> too old.
>
> Try this: http://www.ubike.com/reference/shimano/rdm951.htm
>
> Jim Price

Great. That's the one, except that I have the long cage version. Now all I need are the
instructions... Terence

> Great. That's the one, except that I have the long cage version. Now all I need are the
> instructions... Terence

Instructions for what? A derailleur's a derailleur.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

> > Terence French wrote:
> >> I picked up one of these on ebay a while back and unfortunately the instructions are missing.
> >> It's the 8-speed Rapid Rise model with the roller guide. Anyone happen to have an instruction
> >> guide oder a URL? The Shimano site has nothing, not even an eploded view - the model's probably
> >> too old.

> Jim Price helpfully (and prompty, too!) wrote:
> > Try this: http://www.ubike.com/reference/shimano/rdm951.htm

"Terence French" <[email protected]> , proving that no good deed goes unpunished, wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Great. That's the one, except that I have the long cage version. Now all I need are the
> instructions...

What instructions do you think would be different with the same body?

A Muzi wrote:

>> Jim Price helpfully (and prompty, too!) wrote:
>>> Try this: http://www.ubike.com/reference/shimano/rdm951.htm
>

> "Terence French" <[email protected]> , proving that no good deed goes unpunished, wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
>> Great. That's the one, except that I have the long cage version. Now all I need are the
>> instructions...
>
> What instructions do you think would be different with the same body?

The URL that Jim very kindly provided leads to an exploded view of the derailer, but not the
instructions. Terence