99% finished with Valentines Gift for my wife

geoinmillbrook

Feb 8, 2007
Will she like it ? My wife is a "fast recreational cycler"...

All I have left is the spoke guard, chain and adjust the derailluers - I hope she likes it... will find out Wednesday morning ;)
All 105 components, except the crank - Truvativ Roulleur triple, Shimano 550 hubs n rims... ladies "anatomically correct" seat... Reynolds carbon fork to go with the carbon seat stays, and I added some cross top brake levers -Weighs in at 17 lbs - Windsor site says $2795 MSRP with Ultegra, I built from a bare frame for 1/3 of that :) , she's been using a 1985 Centurian CrMo bike for the last 20 years... hmmm attachment isn't showing in the preview, hope this works !

George

Very sweet - I'm sure she'll love it. - Leave the spoke guard off - no reason for it anyway and its just dorky (I'm assuming you mean that little plastic disk that goes on the rear wheel between the spokes and the cassette).
She'll be a faster recreational rider now.

Eden said:
Very sweet - I'm sure she'll love it. - Leave the spoke guard off - no reason for it anyway and its just dorky (I'm assuming you mean that little plastic disk that goes on the rear wheel between the spokes and the cassette).
She'll be a faster recreational rider now.
Hey, I agree - I went to the LBS to buy a chain tool this afternoon and the mechanic and I thought the same thing - leave the dorkey spoke guard off -- as long as I have the derailleur adjusted properly it ain't needed and just makes noise :D I bought her a nifty little tire pump and some plastic tire levers to put in the underseat bag instead..

Geo

Nice gift. I like this idea. Something useful and substantial. Good for you.