Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

9spd chain work on 8spd cassette

Started by Axeman · · Last activity · 2 posts · 544 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 February 2008
Last activity
15 February 2008
Original author
Axeman
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
544
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a spare Shimano Ultegra HG 9spd narrow chain that I wanted to fit to
    my 24spd mountain bike with 8spd Shimano cassette. Would this work OK? I
    figure as long as I have the spare I may as well use it, as I have gone to
    10spd on my road bike and obviously cannot use it there.

    Thanks.

  2. Axeman said:

    I have a spare Shimano Ultegra HG 9spd narrow chain that I wanted to fit to
    my 24spd  mountain bike with 8spd Shimano cassette. Would this work OK? I
    figure as long as I have the spare I may as well use it, as I have gone to
    10spd on my road bike and obviously cannot use it there.

    Should be no problem. I use a 9-speed chain on a 6-speed freewheel on
    my wind trainer.

    Art Harris

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.