9spd chain work on 8spd cassette

Axeman

Guest
I have a spare Shimano Ultegra HG 9spd narrow chain that I wanted to fit to
my 24spd mountain bike with 8spd Shimano cassette. Would this work OK? I
figure as long as I have the spare I may as well use it, as I have gone to
10spd on my road bike and obviously cannot use it there.

Thanks.

"Axeman" wrote:
> I have a spare Shimano Ultegra HG 9spd narrow chain that I wanted to fit to
> my 24spd  mountain bike with 8spd Shimano cassette. Would this work OK? I
> figure as long as I have the spare I may as well use it, as I have gone to
> 10spd on my road bike and obviously cannot use it there.

Should be no problem. I use a 9-speed chain on a 6-speed freewheel on
my wind trainer.

Art Harris