a.b and Google groups - what am I doing wrong

DaveB

Guest
I'm not a complete novice to the Internet but searching aus.bicycles in
Google appears to have me beat.

I go to Google and select the Groups link.

Go to advanced groups search

Enter BR23 in find all the words field, and return only messages for
newsgroup aus.bicycles

Hit search.

Get nothing. What the?

DaveB "feeling dumber by the minute"

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm not a complete novice to the Internet but searching aus.bicycles in
> Google appears to have me beat.
>
> I go to Google and select the Groups link.
>
> Go to advanced groups search
>
> Enter BR23 in find all the words field, and return only messages for
> newsgroup aus.bicycles

Try aus.bicycle. Not plural bicycles.

hippy

DaveB wrote:
> I'm not a complete novice to the Internet but searching aus.bicycles in
> Google appears to have me beat.
>
> I go to Google and select the Groups link.
>
> Go to advanced groups search
>
> Enter BR23 in find all the words field, and return only messages for
> newsgroup aus.bicycles
>
> Hit search.
>
> Get nothing. What the?
>
> DaveB "feeling dumber by the minute"

Try this...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=BR23&btnG=Search&meta=group=aus.bicycle

--
Nick

hippy wrote:
> "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I'm not a complete novice to the Internet but searching aus.bicycles in
>>Google appears to have me beat.
>>
>>I go to Google and select the Groups link.
>>
>>Go to advanced groups search
>>
>>Enter BR23 in find all the words field, and return only messages for
>>newsgroup aus.bicycles

> Try aus.bicycle. Not plural bicycles.
>
> hippy

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

DaveB "listening to the pounding of head on desk"

On 2004-12-06, DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh
>
> DaveB "listening to the pounding of head on desk"

Don't worry, we get that a lot where I work. Also against brick walls.
We've got an industrial-sized order in for soft brick walls. Or we would
have, if we could find a supplier... any suggestions?