A beautiful & friendly paceline

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Feb 3, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    This was a first for me and I hope I see more. I was taking a break on the side of the road checking
    out a railroad track switch when I heard the familar sound of a Paceline approaching. I turned
    around to watch them go by .Not expecting the riders to wave or say Hi I was pleasantly surprised to
    hear a hello and to see a smile from every rider that went by. very unusual for a paceline???? Not
    if the riders are all in their twenties and female. Talk about eye candy

    Tags:

  2. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > This was a first for me and I hope I see more. I was taking a break on the side of the road
    > checking out a railroad track switch when I heard the familar sound of a Paceline approaching. I
    > turned around to watch them go by .Not expecting the riders to wave or say Hi I was pleasantly
    > surprised to hear a hello and to see a smile from every rider that went by. very unusual for a
    > paceline???? Not if the riders are all in their twenties and female. Talk about eye candy

    So, did you catch up? Joining a paceline like that are pure pleasure for 'bent pilots.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > This was a first for me and I hope I see more. I was taking a break on the side of the road
    > > checking out a railroad track switch when I heard the familar sound of a Paceline approaching. I
    > > turned around to watch them go by .Not expecting the riders to wave or say Hi I was pleasantly
    > > surprised to hear a hello and to see a smile from every rider that went by. very unusual for a
    > > paceline???? Not if the riders are all in their twenties and female. Talk about eye candy
    > >
    > So, did you catch up? Joining a paceline like that are pure pleasure for 'bent pilots.

    The majority of the paceline had already zoomed to far ahead for me to catch,however there were two
    nice looking stragglers that went by just as I was getting ready to leave. I caught them and drafted
    off their TAIL :)

  4. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    That was probably the team that Siegel coaches. Maybe he'll send you a picture of the team to see if
    you can identify any of them.

    Tom

  5. A&B

    A&B Guest

    Yeah, yeah, tails can be fun, as Mr. Defee the shop foreman where I once worked mused, "Anything
    that's self-lubricating can't be all bad." But railroad switches are pretty neat too. One of the
    things I like to stop and look at on rides are old factory/foundry sites. The scale of the stuff is
    amazing. Of course if your interest was derailling the train...never mind ;-) bill g