A bee in your bonnet...

::dom:: said:
I
I wonder if I could sue myself for negligence??? Now there's a good TV lawyer show script... I'll call Boston Legal :)
And you can't sue yourself, or immediate family members, unless they're estranged, for negligence. It's called the Family Purpose Rule. Of course, if you're serious about this you should consult a licensed attorney.

My god daughter (8) ran out of the room screaming when she saw it ... cracked me up.
Don't mean to pry into family relationships... but what are you doing showing your 8 yr old God daughter your bare ass??..:eek:

Crankyfeet said:
Don't mean to pry into family relationships... but what are you doing showing your 8 yr old God daughter your bare ass??..:eek:
Don't worry I had my trousers on. The x-rated version is just for you guys :eek: The bruise now goes about 8" above the belt line on my hip. I was actually showing her mum... er... it's not how it sounds... I mean, I just lifted my shirt.... no that's worse... I'll shut up now :p :D

Had my first proper ride for 5 days this morning. No pain at all... 50-80km tomorrow :D

Had my first proper ride for 5 days this morning. No pain at all... 50-80km tomorrow :D
Good to hear. The riding will help the bruising to disperse.

Sounds like you either have a low platelet count in your blood (might want to have that checked, the platelets do the clotting.... though I'm no doctor), or you severed some major vessels when you pinched them against your hip. Probably the latter.

My helmet has mesh over the front holes. Perhaps I'll continue buy helmets with mesh over them.

Crankyfeet said:
Good to hear. The riding will help the bruising to disperse.

Sounds like you either have a low platelet count in your blood (might want to have that checked, the platelets do the clotting.... though I'm no doctor), or you severed some major vessels when you pinched them against your hip. Probably the latter.

Thanks for your concern Cranky. I had DVT and am on a very low dose of warfarin for life... hence the spectacular artwork. I got my Doc to check me out after the tumble, specially as I wacked my head. Alls good. Didn't manage 80km this morning ... more like 10... :( but at least I'm back on the bike :D :D :D

Yeah this kind of stuff happens quickly. We just react. Bugs kind of sense when we freak out too. They aren't little ninja's unless you are allergic. If you let go of this type of reaction. More than like the bug will side step you. If you throw all this bad energy at them for some reason they get mean and just go right for you. Maybe he like your helmet.

Wow, thats awful, I don't what I'd do in that situation! :D At least you didn't get stung, that would have just finished it off! :)

I guess I would have reacted the same if one busy bee got stuck in my helmet. Who knows that bee or hornet is not in the mood to sting you just over reacted? and look at the consequence. Hahaha good to know you are OK but base from the details of your story I can see how dangerous it must have been.

Oh that's some story. A bee sounds like you would of been better off to just take it in the face. Kind of brutal. No footage of that spill.