A beginners guide to cycling for Triathlon

PBWebmaster

Guest
I love cycling; it's got a special ability to make you feel fast and free.
Plus, it's not as physically hard as running or as technically frustrating
as swimming can be for many of us. Mix your swimming and running training
with a little bit of cycling and you can go a long way - that's the beauty
of triathlon training.

Getting started with cycling is often the hard part. Here are some tips to
help you get out there!

Purchase the correct bike for you

A basic bike is going to be fine, a mountain bike is ideal - wider tires,
easier to control, easier gear changing, and better brakes. Once you have
done a few events and are hooked on the sport then you can look at a speed
machine! .....................

this article free and loads more from
http://www.beatyourpb.com/cycling/training/article/?i=4242

Regards
PBWebmaster

"PBWebmaster" <visit_pb@email_me_from_there.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I love cycling; it's got a special ability to make you feel fast and free.
> Plus, it's not as physically hard as running or as technically frustrating
> as swimming can be for many of us. Mix your swimming and running training
> with a little bit of cycling and you can go a long way - that's the beauty
> of triathlon training.
>
> Getting started with cycling is often the hard part. Here are some tips to
> help you get out there!
>
> Purchase the correct bike for you

Okay, good so far. So I need a bike for a triathlon...

> A basic bike is going to be fine

no point spending an absolute fortune on a carbon-fibre pure breed then...

> , a mountain bike is ideal -

For a triathlon, is it really???

"erics" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> "PBWebmaster" <visit_pb@email_me_from_there.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> I love cycling; it's got a special ability to make you feel fast and
>> free. Plus, it's not as physically hard as running or as technically
>> frustrating as swimming can be for many of us. Mix your swimming and
>> running training with a little bit of cycling and you can go a long way -
>> that's the beauty of triathlon training.
>>
>> Getting started with cycling is often the hard part. Here are some tips
>> to help you get out there!
>>
>> Purchase the correct bike for you

> Okay, good so far. So I need a bike for a triathlon...
>
>> A basic bike is going to be fine

> no point spending an absolute fortune on a carbon-fibre pure breed then...
>
>> , a mountain bike is ideal -

> For a triathlon, is it really???

for an off-road tri (X-terra) like this one: http://www.xterrabrazil.com an
mtb is essential

Apart from the heat, humidity, crocs, piranhas and snakes nothing can stop
me from participating.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

in message <[email protected]>, Bert L.am ('[email protected]') wrote:

> "erics" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "PBWebmaster" <visit_pb@email_me_from_there.com> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> I love cycling; it's got a special ability to make you feel fast and
>>> free. Plus, it's not as physically hard as running or as technically
>>> frustrating as swimming can be for many of us. Mix your swimming and
>>> running training with a little bit of cycling and you can go a long
>>> way - that's the beauty of triathlon training.
>>>
>>> Getting started with cycling is often the hard part. Here are some
>>> tips to help you get out there!
>>>
>>> Purchase the correct bike for you

>> Okay, good so far. So I need a bike for a triathlon...
>>
>>> A basic bike is going to be fine

>> no point spending an absolute fortune on a carbon-fibre pure breed
>> then...
>>
>>> , a mountain bike is ideal -

>> For a triathlon, is it really???

> for an off-road tri (X-terra) like this one:
> http://www.xterrabrazil.com an mtb is essential

Or the Hardrock Challenge, which I shall be marshalling in four weeks
time: http://www.dalbeattiematters.co.uk/features.asp?ID=73
(yes, I know it's only a biathlon). But this is a very different game
from your ordinary triathlon.

'You cannot put "The Internet" into the Recycle Bin.'

"Bert L.am" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "erics" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "PBWebmaster" <visit_pb@email_me_from_there.com> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>

>>> I love cycling; it's got a special ability to make you feel fast and
>>> free. Plus, it's not as physically hard as running or as technically
>>> frustrating as swimming can be for many of us. Mix your swimming and
>>> running training with a little bit of cycling and you can go a long
>>> way - that's the beauty of triathlon training.
>>>
>>> Getting started with cycling is often the hard part. Here are some tips
>>> to help you get out there!
>>>
>>> Purchase the correct bike for you

>> Okay, good so far. So I need a bike for a triathlon...
>>
>>> A basic bike is going to be fine

>> no point spending an absolute fortune on a carbon-fibre pure breed
>> then...
>>
>>> , a mountain bike is ideal -

>> For a triathlon, is it really???
>>

> for an off-road tri (X-terra) like this one: http://www.xterrabrazil.com
> an mtb is essential

but it wouldn't be ideal for the Bishops Castle Tandem Triathlon, or the
majority of road-based triathlons that beginners to triathlon attempt.

> Apart from the heat, humidity, crocs, piranhas and snakes nothing can stop
> me from participating.

Yeah, I imagine that's not the best one to attempt for your first triathlon.

> in message <[email protected]>, Bert L.am ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> "erics" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "PBWebmaster" <visit_pb@email_me_from_there.com> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Okay, good so far. So I need a bike for a triathlon...

>>> no point spending an absolute fortune on a carbon-fibre pure breed
>>> then...

>>> For a triathlon, is it really???

>> for an off-road tri (X-terra) like this one:
>> http://www.xterrabrazil.com an mtb is essential

> Or the Hardrock Challenge, which I shall be marshalling in four weeks
> time: http://www.dalbeattiematters.co.uk/features.asp?ID=73
> (yes, I know it's only a biathlon). But this is a very different game
> from your ordinary triathlon.

exactly.

PBWebmaster wrote:
> I love cycling; it's got a special ability to make you feel fast and free.
> Plus, it's not as physically hard as running or as technically frustrating
> as swimming can be for many of us. Mix your swimming and running training
> with a little bit of cycling and you can go a long way - that's the beauty
> of triathlon training.
>
> Getting started with cycling is often the hard part. Here are some tips to
> help you get out there!
>
> Purchase the correct bike for you
>
> A basic bike is going to be fine, a mountain bike is ideal - wider tires,
> easier to control, easier gear changing, and better brakes. Once you have
> done a few events and are hooked on the sport then you can look at a speed
> machine! .....................
>
> this article free and loads more from
> http://www.beatyourpb.com/cycling/training/article/?i=4242
>
> Regards
> PBWebmaster

Some helpfull info here:

http://www.BikeSplit.com

[email protected] wrote:
> A mountain bike for triathlon??? You are one sick #$%. Please,
> disregard what this sick individual is saying. Get a road bike. A
> mountain bike with fat tires is half as fasat as a road bike on
> pavement. Shame, shame on you, SIr.
> PBWebmaster wrote:

I agree with the concept, but not with the language!

No need to put it that way. We'd all learn more if you'd share some
thoughts and your advice into the discussion.

Thanks!

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> A mountain bike for triathlon??? You are one sick #$%. Please,
>> disregard what this sick individual is saying. Get a road bike. A
>> mountain bike with fat tires is half as fasat as a road bike on
>> pavement. Shame, shame on you, SIr.
>> PBWebmaster wrote:

> I agree with the concept, but not with the language!
>
> No need to put it that way. We'd all learn more if you'd share some
> thoughts and your advice into the discussion.

The crime was in responding to a spammer. OK, a very minor spammer,
but nevertheless one who only ever posts here in order to advertise
some sordid website.

Given that circumstance, the language wasn't so bad!

--
not me guv

[email protected] wrote:

> A mountain bike with fat tires is half as fasat as a road bike on
> pavement. Shame, shame on you, SIr.

A mountain bike on the road is not as fasat as a road bike on the road,
but it's only a little less fasat. Certainly it's well over half as
fasat.

--
Dave...