- The Carbon God
- The Steel God
- The Alimumun God
- The Titainum God

Faiths
- Campy
- Sram
- Shimano
What about the God of rubber? I like rubber.

To answer the original question, it sounds about as valid a religion as Scientology. :rolleyes:

That being said, I follow the Shimano path and worship the Steel God (but only 'cause I can't afford the Carbon God's collection plate :D).

mikesbytes said:
So we would have 4 gods and 3 faiths?

Gods
- The Carbon God
- The Steel God
- The Alimumun God
- The Titainum God

Faiths
- Campy
- Sram
- Shimano
Shimano is not a faith. It's a scam like Scientology.

Ask yourself, "What would Tom Cruise ride?" If you have any of that equipment then you have strayed from the true path.

A guy I was riding with yesterday has a FD that is made from the parts of a Camp FD and a Shimano FD. So where does that sit in the religion?

mikesbytes said:
A guy I was riding with yesterday has a FD that is made from the parts of a Camp FD and a Shimano FD. So where does that sit in the religion?
He's a witch. Burn him.

as you know, witches float, since they are made of wood. Throw the person in water, deep water, if they float, kill them as they are a witch. If they drownd, they are not a witch since they didn't float and are therefore OK. See Monty Python for exact parameters.

stlblues said:
as you know, witches float, since they are made of wood. Throw the person in water, deep water, if they float, kill them as they are a witch. If they drownd, they are not a witch since they didn't float and are therefore OK. See Monty Python for exact parameters.
Good point, he didn't aquaplane riding in the rain yesterday.

stlblues said:
The key parameter is that witches weigh the same as a duck.
And I also think if you worship the wrong God, I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

geoinmillbrook said:
The key parameter is that witches weigh the same as a duck.
And I also think if you worship the wrong God, I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Thats it, I'm launching a cow in your direction. And damn it, where did I put the number for the Black Knight.

We took my kids, 10 and 8 at the time, to Spamalot, the people around us were freaking out when my kids knew most every line and would start laughing at scenes as soon as the curtain went up. On a Saturday night when there is nothing on TV, what do they want to watch? Disney? Something from Dreamworks? NO they want to watch Monty Python.

stlblues said:
We took my kids, 10 and 8 at the time, to Spamalot, the people around us were freaking out when my kids knew most every line and would start laughing at scenes as soon as the curtain went up. On a Saturday night when there is nothing on TV, what do they want to watch? Disney? Something from Dreamworks? NO they want to watch Monty Python.
Monty Python - SPAM - a CLASSIC

stlblues said:
Thats it, I'm launching a cow in your direction. And damn it, where did I put the number for the Black Knight.

Well, I can relate, my 10 yr old son's teacher didn't really like that he was telling girls on the playground that he would "wave his private parts at their aunties" ... but the HG is still a staple in our DVD player :)

This is just so classic ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

I nearly wet myself seeing it in Spamalot too :)

My poor nephew -- his name as Eric, and since he was a little boy I have been calling him a "half a bee" -- another really funny MP skit ...Eric is now a pretty prominent collegiate bike racer... https://www.usacycling.org/results/?compid=206020 I was teasing him in the fall after the road racing the season -- "imagine what he could do if he was a whole bee !"
Silly, I know. He's old enough now I thik he just thinks I'm nuts.