A Bicycle Religion?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by BicyclePathist, Feb 24, 2008.

1. stlblues

stlblues New Member

My son would yell "bring out your dead" when we'd bang a plate when he was 2. Both of my kids love Monty Python, and now are into watching Top Gear. BBC is a regular station here. If you want to twist them further, get them watching the Young Ones. I love Coupling, but it's still a little advanced for them.

2. JSWin

JSWin Member

Why not? A bike religion. This is interesting to think about or create. Ride until you become one with the universe of yourself. God is everywhere. Become one with your bike like it is part of you. The circular motion of the wheels, chain, and your feet. This is symbolic in a few religions to use a circular motion. Ride religiously every day and say your prayers. There is something very liberating about riding a bike for commuting. You have to allow enough time and you just feel really good. The other thing is you start to notice more around you that you wouldn't notice in a car. It kind of makes you take a look at your surroundings more closely. It just frees your head up.

3. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

Oh gosh! That was an interesting read, never knew that such a religion evwn existed. :p
    Oh gosh! That was an interesting read, never knew that such a religion even existed. :p