A big thanks. And a little RR.

Tj

Guest
For the peeps that was in da FFTF. Thanks for the good Barley wine. You know who you are. Props
to the pizza eating boys. Come out again next year. Maybe we will have some " Good Trails " to
ride then.

Today as a volunteer ride leader, I had the privilage of guiding one of our state senate reps on a
ride up lions loop. He WAS a democrat. After watching me pedal a 40 lb. bike up Lion's he was
swinging GOP:) The day was beautifull day about 70 out and clear skies. The wind was blowing gently.
We set out from the Mack parking lot headed up to the Mary's loop dump out. Not even out of the
parking lot and one of the group has a flat. I sweat up lions in good time. I am not a climber. But
today it was different. What the hell happened to me? We paused briefly at the Troybuilt cut off. I
played the official tourguide to some of the participants. We then proceded up the rest of the way
to Mack ridge. After Regrouping for the descent. I was in a groove and pulled another first for the
weekend. I probably had a little too much speed going in to this section. I hit the top and launched
and stuck a big gap and rolled it through some technical moves at speed. I stayed on the well
established trail while doing this. After rolling onward and upward for another half mile I stopped
to wait for the rest of the group. It was nice to hear compliments on the line I had chosen. It was
too bad the one of the other GVMBPers that was riding " Tail Gunner" didn't get to see it. It was a
nice little drop. I was asked to help out with an afternoon ride. I was tailgunning for this ride.
The main group was way out ahead of a few of the stragglers. We turned right from western zip and
headed over frontside to the switchbacks that lead up to Joes. I was feeling a little tired and
didn't think I had much climbing in me. After waiting for the stragglers to get up the hill I gave
it a run. If you have riden this before you know the section I am talking about. I rode up from
bottom to top with out a dab. At the top after I regained conscienceness. The beginer riders were
dumbfounded that it could be done. There was even a local at the top to witness. The funny thing is
that I did it on my pig bike. That was the jaw dropper.

TJ having a good time.

"TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For the peeps that was in da FFTF. Thanks for the good Barley wine. You know who you are. Props
> to the pizza eating boys. Come out again next year. Maybe we will have some " Good Trails " to
> ride then.
>
> Today as a volunteer ride leader, I had the privilage of guiding one of
our
> state senate reps on a ride up lions loop. He WAS a democrat.

Was that Merrifield? I've dragged him around these parts a bit. Nice guy for a politician.

>After watching me pedal a 40 lb. bike up Lion's he was swinging GOP:) The day
was
> beautifull day about 70 out and clear skies. The wind was blowing gently. We set out from the Mack
> parking lot headed up to the Mary's loop dump
out.
> Not even out of the parking lot and one of the group has a flat. I sweat
up
> lions in good time. I am not a climber. But today it was different.
What
> the hell happened to me? We paused briefly at the Troybuilt cut off. I played the official
> tourguide to some of the participants. We then proceded up the rest of the way to Mack
> ridge. After
Regrouping
> for the descent. I was in a groove and pulled another first for the weekend. I probably had a
> little too much speed going in to this section. I hit the top and launched and stuck a big gap and
> rolled it through some technical moves at speed. I stayed on the well established trail while
> doing this. After rolling onward and upward for another half mile I
stopped
> to wait for the rest of the group. It was nice to hear compliments on the line I had chosen. It
> was too bad the one of the other GVMBPers that was riding " Tail Gunner" didn't get to see it. It
> was a nice little drop.

Nice job. I love that feeling.

> I was asked to help out with an afternoon ride. I was tailgunning
for
> this ride. The main group was way out ahead of a few of the stragglers.
We
> turned right from western zip and headed over frontside to the switchbacks that lead up to Joes. I
> was feeling a little tired and didn't think I had much climbing in me. After waiting for the
> stragglers to get up the hill
> gave it a run. If you have riden this before you know the section I am talking about. I rode up
> from bottom to top with out a dab. At the top after I regained conscienceness. The beginer riders
> were dumbfounded that it could be done. There was even a local at the top to witness. The
funny
> thing is that I did it on my pig bike. That was the jaw dropper.
>
> TJ having a good time.

Matt