A bit of climbing ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    > AZ, USA.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    >
    > Music by the Dead Kennedys.

    That's my favorite DK song!

    And you guys are going the wrong direction... that's way too much work.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > > All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    > > AZ, USA.
    > >
    > > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    > >
    > > Music by the Dead Kennedys.
    >

    > That's my favorite DK song!
    >
    > And you guys are going the wrong direction... that's way too much work.
    > --
    > Slacker

    LOL Figured you'd say something like that.

    Alhtough it does look like it'd be fun to go down too.

    Michael

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    > AZ, USA.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    >
    > Music by the Dead Kennedys.

    Hmmm. Strangely I don't remember that DK song. I'll have to go throught the catalog and find it...

    That dude in the orange/red jersey is not a bad rider at all!

    Matt (back from a week away)

  5. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

  6. Paladin wrote:
    > "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    >> AZ, USA.
    >>
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    >>
    >> Music by the Dead Kennedys.
    >
    > Nice work, and some great riding. Thanks for the much needed winter break.
    >
    > paladin

    Heck, we climb like that everyday up the icebergs. Not ;(

    --
    Perre

  7. "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > > All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    > > AZ, USA.

    > And you guys are going the wrong direction... that's way too much work.

    We did that direction last year.

    Bits and pieces of the descent are here:

    http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/az03.mpg

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > > All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    > > AZ, USA.
    > >
    > > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    > >
    > > Music by the Dead Kennedys.
    >
    > Hmmm. Strangely I don't remember that DK song. I'll have to go throught the catalog and find it...
    >
    > That dude in the orange/red jersey is not a bad rider at all!
    >
    > Matt (back from a week away)

    Fruitian Freaks on parade.

    JD

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Michael Darth wrote:
    > You've made climbing as or more exciting to watch than any of the huckster/freeride videos
    > out there.

    Lack of imagination plays a big part in that. Those dewbies need to learn how to ride a bike,
    instead of flopping off of cliffs on engineless motorcycles. Real art in the videography medium
    involves riding a bicycle.

    JD

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    p e t e f a g e r l i n <[email protected]> typed:
    > All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain, Phoenix,
    > AZ, USA.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    >
    > Music by the Dead Kennedys.

    Very impressive. Both the climbing and the video. You've made climbing as or more exciting to watch
    than any of the huckster/freeride videos out there. (That may come off as a backhanded compliment
    but it wasn't meant to be.)

    Mike

  11. Xtc

    Xtc Guest

    > Michael Darth wrote:
    > > You've made climbing as or more exciting to watch than any of the huckster/freeride videos out
    > > there.
    >
    > Lack of imagination plays a big part in that. Those dewbies need to learn how to ride a bike,
    > instead of flopping off of cliffs on engineless motorcycles. Real art in the videography medium
    > involves riding a bicycle.
    >
    > JD
    My legs got cramped just watching. Excellent bike control. Now thats how to climb. Bravo. Loved
    watching the video. Tires seem to have really good grip. What are they? Xtc

  12. Pete

    that looked like a great ride... and that downhill video is something else..

    charlie

  13. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:34:26 -0800, "Slacker" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >And you guys are going the wrong direction... that's way too much work.

    Slacker Slacker Slacker, I sense you are tempting the gravity gods too much as of late. Thumbing
    your nose at Our Lady San Juan, the LoSoCal Patron Saint of Dirt, last weekend is a little too much.
    I conferred with Father Huckalot and he said you should do One Trabuco, Two Holy Jims and, and a
    Harding Truck Trail to set things right.

    Bill "I think he meant uphill too ;->" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  14. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 06:22:46 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >All climbing, all of the time. Bits and pieces of a climb up Geronimo, South Mountain,
    >Phoenix, AZ, USA.
    >
    >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/geronimo_climb_high.mpg about 24 mb.
    >
    >Music by the Dead Kennedys.

    I like how it ended...."Nice."

    Peace, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and
    on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  15. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Slacker Slacker Slacker, I sense you are tempting the gravity gods too much as of late. Thumbing
    > your nose at Our Lady San Juan, the LoSoCal Patron Saint of Dirt, last weekend is a little too
    > much. I conferred with Father Huckalot and he said you should do One Trabuco, Two Holy Jims and,
    > and a Harding Truck Trail to set things right.
    >
    > Bill "I think he meant uphill too ;->" Porter

    They're on the "to do" list, but right now Mt. Wilson is calling. I gotta do a couple pre-Turner
    rides to scope out the scene.

    --
    Slacker

  16. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    > > Slacker Slacker Slacker, I sense you are tempting the gravity gods too much as of late. Thumbing
    > > your nose at Our Lady San Juan, the LoSoCal Patron Saint of Dirt, last weekend is a little too
    > > much. I conferred with Father Huckalot and he said you should do One Trabuco, Two Holy Jims and,
    > > and a Harding Truck Trail to set things right.
    > >
    > > Bill "I think he meant uphill too ;->" Porter
    >

    > They're on the "to do" list, but right now Mt. Wilson is calling. I gotta
    do
    > a couple pre-Turner rides to scope out the scene.

    What are you doing at Mt Wilson? Not the toll road, I hope? Redbox to JPL?

    Greg

  17. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    >> They're on the "to do" list, but right now Mt. Wilson is calling. I gotta do a couple pre-Turner
    >> rides to scope out the scene.
    >>

    > What are you doing at Mt Wilson? Not the toll road, I hope? Redbox to JPL?
    >
    > Greg

    No, definitely not the toll road.

    ?? to JPL, whichever the DH'ers run.... that why I need to take the XC bike; I'm sure which
    trail is which.

    Hope I don't get lost.
    --
    Slacker -