A bit OT -- Bad luck comes in three's

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pinky, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Pinky

    Pinky Guest

    I'm sure it is not just a local myth but I have certainly grown up with the
    sort of belief that "Bad luck" comes in three's"
    I am hoping in my case this is true and that my run of"bad luck" ( or
    misfortune if you prefer ) is now over

    1. 28 October 2005. While my car was stationary a large motor home tore
    away most of the right hand side of my car as I sat there, inside it,
    totally gobsmacked and powerless to do anything about it. The car was a
    write off.

    2. 12 December 2005. My trusty Velocepanther was stolen from outside the
    village post office. Cable snipped and away in the back of a van, Just had
    its winter service done and two brand new Schwalbe Marathon Plus fitted.and
    2 new bottle cages.

    3. 29 January 2006. Turned down for a job as acrobatic clown after cracking
    3 ribs in a botched forward roll that failed to clear the car driven solely
    for such tests!

    So here I sit ( the first morning co-codamol pills are just beginning to
    take effect) typing with crossed fingers. I think I will pop outside and see
    if there are any black cats around ( well hardly "pop" --and there's a
    flight of stairs to negotiate with the hand rail is on the wrong side for me
    when I descend!)

    --
    Trevor A Panther
    In South Yorkshire,

    Tags:

  2. mr p

    mr p Guest

    Pinky wrote:

    > So here I sit ( the first morning co-codamol pills are just beginning to
    > take effect) typing with crossed fingers. I think I will pop outside and see
    > if there are any black cats around ( well hardly "pop" --and there's a
    > flight of stairs to negotiate with the hand rail is on the wrong side for me
    > when I descend!)

    Or maybe buy a lottery ticket for the euro millions , you must be due
    some good luck!

    Simon

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Pinky wrote:
    > I'm sure it is not just a local myth but I have certainly grown up with the
    > sort of belief that "Bad luck" comes in three's"
    > I am hoping in my case this is true and that my run of"bad luck" ( or
    > misfortune if you prefer ) is now over

    Add my commiserations to the pile.

    So, what lottery numbers do you recommend I buy this week? :)

    R.