A brake lever on a coffee mug

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by cublu, Mar 25, 2016.

1. cublu

cublu New Member

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Just what I always wanted.

SPAM.

3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

The coffee would go all over the place if you were on a bumpy ride, don't you think? Good idea though.

4. BikeBikeBikeBike

BikeBikeBikeBike Well-Known Member

$30 for a freaking coffee mug?? Even the "early bird" price of $15 is absurd.
    Unless that break lever stops my girlfriend from complaining, it's not worth it.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Isn't this a bit kitsch? This is one of those gifts friends buy because they don't know what else to get. I don't know if some one would buy one of these for themselves.

6. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Hmmmm?

If Campagnolo manufactured a mug with double-wall Titanium construction, a carbon fiber lid and used an Super Record EPS lever and priced it at $150...I would buy a pair of them. One for home and one for the office.

7. Djordje87

Djordje87 Member

It is a nice idea and the word play is great. Coffee brake. On the other hand I personally think this is one of those things that will just stand there to decorate if possible. I like to spend 30 bucks on something very useful and not a mug. It looks nice as I said but it is just a mug and even if it is one of those heat saving mugs it is too much I think. At least in Serbia those are not that expensive so I guess this is a universal thing. Anyway, nice idea and a good memento if you really like cycling.

BikeBikeBikeBike likes this.
  8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

That is awesome, and I can think immediately of who I would give that as a gift to, but that is only if I do not end up just keeping it for myself, which is probably more likely. I am a coffee lover and a bike lover, so this just fits perfectly there. I love the design too, and it looks big enough to make me happy. Good find.