A brief ride ~VIDEO~ w/ barney footage.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, May 6, 2003.

  1. no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.

    Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend to
    see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.

    www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg

    p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >
    > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    Brief? good god man, it's 45639K. as far as size goes, that's near theatrical production.

    Did you even compress it?

    I'm downloading it, but i may need that week to complete it.

    ~Travis "area is still stuck with just dial-up"
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtty.mp3

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg

    Sigh...excellent.

    (Although, given Pete's link-posting history, clicking on something called "Joe's Long" gave
    brief pause! :)

    Bill "it's NOT a cookbook" S.

  4. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >
    > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    Very cool. Sometimes (mostly) unedited shots just let you feel the flow of a trail.

    Kessel run is one sweet cool trail, definitely something I have to do if I can ever make it
    out to CO.

    Thanks again Pete!

    Jon Bond

  5. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >
    > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    Nice film, once again. I does look as though the Barneys have taken their toll. I haven't ridden the
    18 Rd. area in a couple of years and it's definitely wider with a lot more of those off-trail
    gouges. They look like they were not only riding off trail but doing so when it was wet. Too bad
    about that, but it looks as though the trail surface is in nice shape.

    Matt (mostly just been suffering with the local trails lately)

  6. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg

    Excellent. I wish we had trails like that around here. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

    Great video, Pete. Keep up the good work.

    -Barry

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.

    Like a sore friggin thumb.

    I have not lifted a finger on 18 Rd for trail maintenance since the BLM indicated they were possibly
    inviting the motos out there. Why the hell would I use my time and effort to care for something that
    may be obliterated as we know it within the year? Past FFTFs, a few other locals and I have spent
    many hours in the two weeks prior to the FFTF (as well as issues that popped up throughout the year)
    making sure that Fruita singletrack stayed single. That may help explain why it was in such poor
    condition out there this year. After every Spring Break is over, we have just enough time to fix
    what those doofi and other pre-FFTF visitors and lameass weekend warriors have damaged.

    JD

  8. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    next time try bringing it down to 6 mgs with wmv9 codec..

    thanks.

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >
    > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg

    Did you use the Helmet Cam method #1 or #2 in making that vid? Why are your vids so much clearer
    than anyone else?? I can barely stand watching other homeade vids after seeing stuff like that....it
    pisses me off!
    --
    Slacker

  10. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <imYta.124813$kYH.123449 @news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, [email protected] says...
    > next time try bringing it down to 6 mgs with wmv9 codec..
    >
    > thanks.
    >

    > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    > >
    > > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't
    > > tend to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    > >
    > > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    > >
    > > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    using a windows only format is bad for people that _don't have windows_. its better to just use a
    stronger mpeg compression. RealVideo is ok on other platforms, but it isn't a very good quality
    comparably to mpeg as far as a file size comparison.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtty.mp3

  11. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
    > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    > >
    > > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't
    > > tend to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    > >
    > > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >

    > Did you use the Helmet Cam method #1 or #2 in making that vid? Why are your vids so much clearer
    > than anyone else?? I can barely stand watching other homeade vids after seeing stuff like
    > that....it pisses me off!
    > --
    > Slacker

    given the file size, _very low_ compression.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtty.mp3

  12. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, travis57 @nospam.megalink.net says...
    > > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    > >
    > > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't
    > > tend to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    > >
    > > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    > >
    > > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.
    > >

    > Brief? good god man, it's 45639K. as far as size goes, that's near theatrical production.
    >
    > Did you even compress it?
    >
    > I'm downloading it, but i may need that week to complete it.
    >
    > ~Travis "area is still stuck with just dial-up"

    well, 45% done. i may just finish it within another 6 hours (providing i don't wish to sleep).
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

  13. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Tue, 06 May 2003 11:13:11 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:

    >no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    >Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    >to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    >www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >
    >p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    HeHe A couple of those off trail lines looked like there was some interesting story attached to it
    (Was looking for a "landing skid"). It looks like some yahoos did not even try to make the turns.

    Bill "Gotta put that place on my Calander" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  14. On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:23:42 GMT, "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |next time try bringing it down to 6 mgs with wmv9 codec..
    |
    |thanks.

    No thanks, wmv blows.

  15. On Tue, 6 May 2003 17:36:32 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Did you use the Helmet Cam method #1 or #2 in making that vid? |Why are your vids so much clearer
    than anyone else?? I can barely stand watching other homeade vids after seeing stuff like
    |that....it pisses me off!

    I never use the lipstick camera.

    Mounting the camcorder to the helmet helps and it's also technique.

    Some folks don't concentrate of framing the riders and keeping their head steady (by using their
    built-in shock absorbers: arms, legs, and neck).

  16. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Brief? good god man, it's 45639K. as far as size goes, that's near theatrical production.
    >
    > Did you even compress it?
    >
    > I'm downloading it, but i may need that week to complete it.
    >
    > ~Travis "area is still stuck with just dial-up"

    LOL, strange... it only took me a little under 2 minutes to download. Fagerlin has good bandwidth.

    -JM

  17. Ozarkmtbr

    Ozarkmtbr Guest

    Bill,

    I read it as Joe Slong....which calls for the same pause!

    OzarkMtbr

    > Sigh...excellent.
    >
    > (Although, given Pete's link-posting history, clicking on something called "Joe's Long" gave brief
    > pause! :)
    >
    > Bill "it's NOT a cookbook" S.

  18. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "OzarkMtbr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Sigh...excellent.
    > >
    > > (Although, given Pete's link-posting history, clicking on something
    called
    > > "Joe's Long" gave brief pause! :)

    > Bill,
    >
    > I read it as Joe Slong....which calls for the same pause!

    Slong, schlong...same idea.

    Bill "curses, possibly rained out of night ride" S.

  19. Technician wrote:

    >>>Brief? good god man, it's 45639K. as far as size goes, that's near theatrical production.
    >>>
    >>>Did you even compress it?
    >>>
    >>>I'm downloading it, but i may need that week to complete it.
    >>>
    >>>~Travis "area is still stuck with just dial-up"
    >>
    >>LOL, strange... it only took me a little under 2 minutes to download. Fagerlin has good bandwidth.
    >>
    >>-JM
    >>

    > 2 minutes? what do you have for a connection? and don't say dial-up 'cause that calculates to
    > about 380.325 KBps download speed (much higher than dial-up could ever hope for).

    I got it in about a minute. Ah, the joys of college.

    Jon Bond

  20. M&M

    M&M Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
    >
    > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't tend
    > to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
    >
    > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
    >
    > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.

    Pete Fagerlin's videos are probably the main reason I went broadband
    . I also purchased a download manager software package which allows me to DL up to 8 videos at the
    same time and surf to . What used to take countless agonizingly hours to do on dial up , now takes
    a few ( max 10 minutes ) on DSL . I'm not trying to push this , but this company also has a free
    trial ======== http://deluxe.reget.com/ ====== .

    BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a thing
    that may degrade the quality .

    MM