A brief ride ~VIDEO~ w/ barney footage.

In article <[email protected]>, mtbman111 @yahoo.com says...
> P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
> >
> > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't
> > tend to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
> >
> > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
> >
> > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.
>
> Pete Fagerlin's videos are probably the main reason I went broadband
> . I also purchased a download manager software package which allows me to DL up to 8 videos at the
> same time and surf to . What used to take countless agonizingly hours to do on dial up , now
> takes a few ( max 10 minutes ) on DSL . I'm not trying to push this , but this company also has
> a free trial ======== http://deluxe.reget.com/ ====== .
>
> BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a thing
> that may degrade the quality .
>
> MM

Free trial or not, there is no broadband in my town. and yet, the next town over (a little **** town
i might add) has cable internet (different cable provider).
--
~Travis

travis57 at megalink dot net

u think people have time to download 45megs dude... your server only sends at like 11k a second, i
dont have 50 minutes, I can only imagion the 3 hours at 5 k dial ups have to wait

On Thu, 08 May 2003 03:39:36 GMT, "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote:

|u think people have time to download 45megs dude...

I know so, given the 490 GB that I pushed last month.

| your server only sends
|at like 11k a second,

You've got some routing/network issues then.

My server is on a network that consists of nine Gigabit Ethernet connections to the internet plus
one DS-3 and one OC-3.

| i dont have 50 minutes,

Wow. Back when I had a slow connection if I wanted to download something sizeable I would start the
download and go to sleep.

What a novel idea!

I can only imagion the 3 hours |at 5 k dial ups have to wait

It's tragic, eh?

Fortunately, I don't choose to appeal to the lowest common denominator by renderiing to a fuzzy,
blocky, looking through a glass of water codec.

Sheesh, first attempt failed after no idea how long second attempt finally finished some time during
the night. Then I find it's just "plain sailing" type riding. Yes, it's amazing scenery, but where
are the extreme DH runs, massive jumps, awesome drops? Where are the wince inspiring crashes?

But seriously, Thanks for the download (my Download Limit will take a pounding this month - ouch). I
am actually looking forward to showing it to my usual riding partner. How I'd love to find some
trails like those around here in Canberra Australia.

Trentus

Pete's videos are the main reason I'm riding a bike today. I stumbled across Pete's site about a
year ago and watched the videos. I rode a bike home 2 days later. "Joe's Ridge" sealed the deal.
Haven't stopped riding since.

Pete - I owe you a beer.

[email protected] (M&M) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > no multi-camera editing, just a plain ole helmetcam down Joe's Ridge and Kessel Run.
> >
> > Note all of the off trail lines, the new line to the right of the first hump, etc. You don't
> > tend to see them when riding but they really stand out in the video.
> >
> > www.paradigmhosting.net/video/joeslong.mpg
> >
> > p.s. save to your hard drive as it will only be up this week.
>
> Pete Fagerlin's videos are probably the main reason I went broadband
> . I also purchased a download manager software package which allows me to DL up to 8 videos at the
> same time and surf to . What used to take countless agonizingly hours to do on dial up , now
> takes a few ( max 10 minutes ) on DSL . I'm not trying to push this , but this company also has
> a free trial ======== http://deluxe.reget.com/ ====== .
>
> BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a thing
> that may degrade the quality .
>
> MM

I forgot to add , that if your ISP times out or you get disconected , this DL manager will
continue the Download where it left off once you re-connect ( for dial up users ) . I found it to
be a very useful tool , Especially when you can DL up to 8 of Pete's videos at the same time ( on
broad band ).

MM

"MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> u think people have time to download 45megs dude... your server only sends at like 11k a second, i
> dont have 50 minutes, I can only imagion the 3 hours at 5 k dial ups have to wait

On my dial-up, it took about an hour or so. I didn't sit there with a stopwatch in one hand and the
other down my pants. During that time, I went the store to buy food and watched it when I got back
home. How hard is that? Hard for an mx pilot and other dumbasses, apparently.

JD

----------
In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

> On my dial-up, it took about an hour or so. I didn't sit there with a stopwatch in one hand and
> the other down my pants.

you come up with some of the best insults. It's a real talent.

Paul-your admirer

> > Pete Fagerlin's videos are probably the main reason I went broadband
> > . I also purchased a download manager software package which allows me to DL up to 8 videos at
> > the same time and surf to . What used to take countless agonizingly hours to do on dial up ,
> > now takes a few ( max 10 minutes ) on DSL . I'm not trying to push this , but this company
> > also has a free trial ======== http://deluxe.reget.com/ ====== .
> >
> > BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a
> > thing that may degrade the quality .
> >
> > MM
>
> I forgot to add , that if your ISP times out or you get disconected , this DL manager will
> continue the Download where it left off once you re-connect ( for dial up users ) . I found it to
> be a very useful tool , Especially when you can DL up to 8 of Pete's videos at the same time ( on
> broad band ).
>
> MM

Why not just use a good dl program like Star DownLoader for free?
--
Slacker

> > BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a
> > thing that may degrade the quality .

Yes, it was awesome, but he didn't need to compress the format, just compress the file into a zip
would have helped. But hey, I pulled it down with a dial-up, even though it wasn't zipped.

Trentus

On Fri, 9 May 2003 20:03:05 +1000, "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote:

|> > BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a
|> > thing that may degrade the quality .
|
|Yes, it was awesome, but he didn't need to compress the format, just |compress the file into a zip
would have helped. But hey, I pulled it down |with a dial-up, even though it wasn't zipped.

zipping an already compressed file only saves a few mb (2 mb in this case).

Not worth the hassle.

news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Pete Fagerlin's videos are probably the main reason I went broadband
> > > . I also purchased a download manager software package which allows me to DL up to 8 videos at
> > > the same time and surf to . What used to take countless agonizingly hours to do on dial up ,
> > > now takes a few ( max 10 minutes ) on DSL . I'm not trying to push this , but this company
> > > also has a free trial ======== http://deluxe.reget.com/ ====== .
> > >
> > > BTW Pete , this video is bloody awesome . As with the rest of your videos , don't change a
> > > thing that may degrade the quality .
> > >
> > > MM
> >
> > I forgot to add , that if your ISP times out or you get disconected , this DL manager will
> > continue the Download where it left off once you re-connect ( for dial up users ) . I found it
> > to be a very useful tool , Especially when you can DL up to 8 of Pete's videos at the same time
> > ( on broad band ).
> >
> > MM
>
> Why not just use a good dl program like Star DownLoader for free?

Star is a good program ( they do offer a premium package also ) and Reget also has a free DL
program . I chose Reget premium because the product features were very good and they offered it to
me for 1/4 the price . I am not a rich person ,but if I see something of good quality that works
without me putting a lot of thought into it ,I'm not afraid to spend a few $$$ for it , I'll say
the same for my bikes .

MM