A Brilliant Cardiologist Once Wrote......

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> "M. Schwartz" wrote:
>
>><anti-Christian responses snipped>

Not anti-Christian at all. Anti-Chung tortured-rationale,
self-excusing and self-justifying ********.

> From Mark 6:
> 10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any
> place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you
> leave, as a testimony against them."
>
> <shake, shake, brush, brush... feet are clean>
>
> My participation in these discussions with Mr. Schwartz is over.

Good job. Another one of those "I can't win this so I'll just act like
I did" things you and M_ulch do so clumsily.

Only problem with your position is that he already had left you and
your "pick what I like and leave the rest" version of Christianity
behind. He dropped you like the slippery item you are. Posted it
before you did. Nice try, though. Lets your shining honesty and
truthfulness show right through. This last is a good example of how
irony can be expressed through true statements.

Pastorio

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:22:57 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'm a heart patient as well.

Tell us more about that. What part of your diet, as a chef you would
know, what parts of your diet did you in?

Why didn't you exercise since you claim to have known better?

Why did you nearly kill yourself at your own hands?

King Ahaz wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 9:35:46 -0400, M. Schwartz wrote
> (in message <[email protected]>):
>
>>It is obvious to me you cannot discuss Isaiah 7:10 through 7:14. Any
>>intelligent person can plainly see the prophecy was meant for king
>>Ahaz. It is clear that God was talking to king Ahaz and Ahaz declined
>>to try the Lord and so God gave him a sign anyway. Very simple.

> That was the way I took it at the time... but we up here often find Chung
> obtuse.
>
> HTH

Oh, it does help, your majesty. But I'm sure that Chung would prefer
to be called a "right" angle.

Pastorio

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:25:40 -0400, Bob Pastorio wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> King Ahaz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 9:35:46 -0400, M. Schwartz wrote
>> (in message <[email protected]>):
>>
>>> It is obvious to me you cannot discuss Isaiah 7:10 through 7:14. Any
>>> intelligent person can plainly see the prophecy was meant for king
>>> Ahaz. It is clear that God was talking to king Ahaz and Ahaz declined
>>> to try the Lord and so God gave him a sign anyway. Very simple.

>> That was the way I took it at the time... but we up here often find Chung
>> obtuse.
>>
>> HTH

> Oh, it does help, your majesty. But I'm sure that Chung would prefer
> to be called a "right" angle.

Yes, well we understand he does _always_ have an angle.

Ahaz

Reach for the Mu_n wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:16:06 +0100, Mozz <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>>It may feel right but will it deliver the rewards of eternal life?

>>I do not seek 'eternal life'.

> Then you will not obtain it.
>
>>>Truth is simple. Words complicate its simplicity.

>>If you look to the history of Christian Thought you will find many
>>many diverse opinions on what is and what is not Truth.
>>Are you suggesting these complex debates which forged new
>>understandings to take the faith forward throughout history were the
>>work of Satan? Perhaps you are.

> I am sure, since this is Satan's domain, he has his hands in all kinds
> of deceit.

So this is an answer you'll stand by? One with no content that insults
genuine scholars and pious seekers? Boy I can see your honesty
dripping out of it. And your IQ. Also dripping.

>>>Possible.
>>>
>>>How can you be sure?

>>I experiment. I have high blood pressure and a restless mind. Then I
>>meditate regularly everyday and continue to monitor the results.
>>The results strongly suggest my blood pressure has lowered due to my
>>practice.
>>Do you dispute that my practice is helpful?

> I have only your word that it is.

So, let's see, M_ucus. We have only your word about everything you've
posted. All those answers you said you'd stand by.

Do you dispute that your word is nothing without some sort of proof
like you imply should be forthcoming from Mozz about his experience?

Take your time. This will count towards your final grade. Look up
"hypocrite" before answering. Also "evasive liar" and "trolling" spammer.

Pastorio

Reach for the Mu_n wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:11:15 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
> wrote:

<The usual>

Perhaps you'd like to say why Chung, the cardiologist, is your doctor.
Got a heart problem, Mister Fitness? What part of your lifestyle
caused you to deliberately destroy you chance for a longer life? Do
you have AIDS? Are you alcoholic? Do you inject drugs or take them
nasally? Why have you characterized Chung as "more than just a friend"
in the past? What does that mean? Are you ashamed of being a woman?

Pastorio

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob Pastorio wrote:
>

>>Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

>>>As if truth could be ironic.

>>Webster's Unabridged: Irony, n. From Greek, "eironea" dissimulation,
>>irony, from "eiron" a dissembler in speech.
>>1. a method of humorous or sarcastic expression in which the intended
>>meaning of the words used is the direct opposite of their usual sense:
>>as the speaker was using irony when he said that the stupid plan was
>>"very clever."
>>
>>Truth and falsity have no bearing on irony.

> Not according to your own cite.

I need to make up a macro for your posts that says, "I can't win this
discussion, so I'll just act like I did." Just automatically punch it
like you do your spamming troll macro.

So if you post one of your usual lying diatribes and I say, "Yeah.
Right." What I said has neither inherent truth nor falsity, but is
ironic because the reply is exactly *not* offering the endorsement
that your lies are "right." Yes, I know. Too complex for you.

>>Your feckless persistence
>>makes virtually everything you post ironic. Only yours is
>>unintentional. Of course, some isn't ironic. It's merely lying.
>>
>>Pastorio

> I continue to write truthfully as God's humble servant.

Two clear falsehoods in that small sentence. You don't write
truthfully and you most certainly aren't humble. You need to consider
the concept of "hubris" and see how it endangers your soul. You think
you're guaranteed. Bad mistake.

Pastorio

>> >Are you saying that in the past, you believed Jesus Christ to be your Lord
>> >and Savior?
>> >
>> >If so, what changed your heart?

>> I found the teachings and practice of buddhism still maintained the
>> morality, ethics, compassion and heart of Jesus's teachings, without
>> the 'literalist / fundamentalist' opinions that still puts many
>> intelligent people off of taking Christian practice seriously.
>>
>> Also I feel my 'opinion' of what is meant by God, soul, eternal life,
>> sin, the history of the compilation of the gospels etc might differ
>> from yours having read some of your other posts.
>>
>> Having said that, within many of the monastic contemplative
>> communities of Christian practice, there is much to be admired.
>>

>Your answer to my question is "no" then.

Your interpretation of my answer to your question is "no".

>> >What do you perceive is the source of this suffering?

>> A mistaken view of reality.

>Your perceptions are a mistake?

Generally speaking, yes. This is true for 'all' unenlightened beings.
We aim to become enlightened through practice.
I understand that you would certainly disagree with this point being a
practising Christian, and from your faith's stand point I can quite
undertand why this is so.

>> Afflictive mind-states brought on by
>> Attachment, Aversion, Envy and such-like. And a false notion about
>> self-hood. Buddhism teaches that all things come into being through
>> previous causes and conditions, and nothing is truly seperate and
>> intrinsically real in and of itself - everything is empty of intrinsic
>> existence. Even Quantum Physicists are coming to this same
>> realization.

>> >There is only one truth.

>> Within buddhist thought there are Two Truths.
>> The Relative or pedagogical truth is the way phenomena manifest and
>> the interdependency of their evolution.
>> The Absolute or certain truth refers to the empty nature of this
>> manifestation. The two truths do not contradict each other; they are
>> simultaneous.
>>
>> Take Care.

>Please, you do the same.

Thank you.
Peace be with you.

Bob Pastorio wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> <Discussion about Christ snipped>
>
> Only 727 lines, this post. Much too, um, precious to snip.
>
> And Chung is not at all compulsive. Or obsessed. Those were ironic
> statements.

Those were untruths.

> Pastorio

Outline of a growing obsession:

Pastorio hates the 2PD, and this hatred grows.

Pastorio hates Dr. Chung, the author of the 2PD, and this hatred grows.

Pastorio hates God, the creator of the author of the 2PD, and this hatred consumes him.

You continue to have my pity *and* love.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

Bob Pastorio wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > "M. Schwartz" wrote:
> >
> >><anti-Christian responses snipped>

> Not anti-Christian at all. Anti-Chung tortured-rationale,
> self-excusing and self-justifying ********.
>
> > From Mark 6:
> > 10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any
> > place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you
> > leave, as a testimony against them."
> >
> > <shake, shake, brush, brush... feet are clean>
> >
> > My participation in these discussions with Mr. Schwartz is over.

> Good job. Another one of those "I can't win this so I'll just act like
> I did" things you and M_ulch do so clumsily.

It's all about competition and winning for you, isn't it?

> Only problem with your position is that he already had left you and
> your "pick what I like and leave the rest" version of Christianity
> behind.

Has he died already?

> He dropped you like the slippery item you are. Posted it
> before you did.

Wouldn't know. Haven't been reading any more of his posts.

> Nice try, though. Lets your shining honesty and
> truthfulness show right through.

I write truthfully.

> This last is a good example of how
> irony can be expressed through true statements.
>
> Pastorio

You have my pity for your obsessions.

--

Mozz wrote:

> >> I found the teachings and practice of buddhism still maintained the
> >> morality, ethics, compassion and heart of Jesus's teachings, without
> >> the 'literalist / fundamentalist' opinions that still puts many
> >> intelligent people off of taking Christian practice seriously.
> >>
> >> Also I feel my 'opinion' of what is meant by God, soul, eternal life,
> >> sin, the history of the compilation of the gospels etc might differ
> >> from yours having read some of your other posts.
> >>
> >> Having said that, within many of the monastic contemplative
> >> communities of Christian practice, there is much to be admired.
> >>

> >Your answer to my question is "no" then.

> Your interpretation of my answer to your question is "no".

Would logically follow from not answering the question.

Ok, please don't keep everyone in suspense, is your answer "yes" or is it "no."

> >> A mistaken view of reality.

> >Your perceptions are a mistake?

> Generally speaking, yes. This is true for 'all' unenlightened beings.

> We aim to become enlightened through practice.
> I understand that you would certainly disagree with this point being a
> practising Christian, and from your faith's stand point I can quite
> undertand why this is so.

Ok, what is your "mistaken" perception of the source of human suffering?

> >> Afflictive mind-states brought on by
> >> Attachment, Aversion, Envy and such-like. And a false notion about
> >> self-hood. Buddhism teaches that all things come into being through
> >> previous causes and conditions, and nothing is truly seperate and
> >> intrinsically real in and of itself - everything is empty of intrinsic
> >> existence. Even Quantum Physicists are coming to this same
> >> realization.

> >> Within buddhist thought there are Two Truths.
> >> The Relative or pedagogical truth is the way phenomena manifest and
> >> the interdependency of their evolution.
> >> The Absolute or certain truth refers to the empty nature of this
> >> manifestation. The two truths do not contradict each other; they are
> >> simultaneous.
> >>
> >> Take Care.

> >Please, you do the same.

> Thank you.
> Peace be with you.

And with you.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

says...

> Ok, what is your "mistaken" perception of the source of human suffering?

I don't know what his is, but IMNSHO the ******** you've started putting
out in place of your previous good advice is in the running.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Larry Blanchard wrote:

> says...
> >
> > Ok, what is your "mistaken" perception of the source of human suffering?
> >

> I don't know what his is, but IMNSHO the ******** you've started putting
> out in place of your previous good advice is in the running.

You have free will.

--

Reach for the Mu_n <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:40:48 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >From Mark 6:
> >10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any
> > place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you
> > leave, as a testimony against them."
> >
> ><shake, shake, brush, brush... feet are clean>

> When my kids were young, I used to quote this anytime we ate at a
> crappy restaurant. Did the shake, shake, brush, brush thing on exit
> and everyone would laugh.....and know we were never coming back.
>
> >My participation in these discussions with Mr. Schwartz is over.

> It was over when it started.

Now who might you be? A clone?

I'll answer these questions for you and no more until you answer
questions about your nearly killing yourself with excessive alcohol
intake, smoking and lack of exercise and highly improper diet that
lead to your obesity and ultimately to your quad bypass.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:41:09 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Perhaps you'd like to say why Chung, the cardiologist, is your doctor.

I have had several cardiologists and by far Chung is the brightest,
most personable, most informative and accessible physician I have had.

Ever.

Being a devout Christian is a plus as well.

He is my family's cardiologist not just mine.

>Got a heart problem, Mister Fitness?

Asked and answered.

> What part of your lifestyle
>caused you to deliberately destroy you chance for a longer life?

None.

> Do
>you have AIDS?

No.

>Are you alcoholic?

No and as I understand it, drink has been an ongoing problem for you
even today.

> Do you inject drugs or take them
>nasally?

No and yes.

> Why have you characterized Chung as "more than just a friend"
>in the past?

Friend and doctor.

> What does that mean?

See above.

> Are you ashamed of being a woman?

Not possible for me to be ashamed over, being male and all.

I've answered your questions and no more until you answer questions
about your nearly killing yourself with excessive alcohol intake,
smoking and lack of exercise and highly improper diet that lead to
your obesity and ultimately to your quad bypass.

You admitted to being a heart patient.

Tell us more about that. What part of your diet, as a chef you would
know, what parts of your diet did you in?

Why didn't you exercise since you claim to have known better?

Why did you nearly kill yourself at your own hands?

What is the addiction problems with smoking and alcohol all about?

Mozz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Why did you change?
> >
> >Mel, just wondering...
> >>

> I found the teachings and practice of buddhism still maintained the
> morality, ethics, compassion and heart of Jesus's teachings, without
> the 'literalist / fundamentalist' opinions that still puts many
> intelligent people off of taking Christian practice seriously.
>
> Also I feel my 'opinion' of what is meant by God, soul, eternal life,
> sin, the history of the compilation of the gospels etc might differ
> from yours having read some of your other posts.
>
> Having said that, within many of the monastic contemplative
> communities of Christian practice, there is much to be admired.

So you have dismissed Jesus as God?

Mel

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:38:57 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Outline of a growing obsession:
>
>Pastorio hates the 2PD, and this hatred grows.
>
>Pastorio hates Dr. Chung, the author of the 2PD, and this hatred grows.
>
>Pastorio hates God, the creator of the author of the 2PD, and this hatred consumes him.

All confirmed by his constant TROLLING of SMC of you and me with no
intention of adding to the quality of discussion OR to talk about his
nearly killing himself with his love for food and excessive addictions
to alcohol and tobacco.

>>>If you look to the history of Christian Thought you will find many
>>>many diverse opinions on what is and what is not Truth.
>>>Are you suggesting these complex debates which forged new
>>>understandings to take the faith forward throughout history were the
>>>work of Satan? Perhaps you are.

>> I am sure, since this is Satan's domain, he has his hands in all kinds
>> of deceit.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:35:28 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
wrote:

>So this is an answer you'll stand by?

Did I type it?

>So, let's see, M_ucus. We have only your word about everything you've
>posted. All those answers you said you'd stand by.

Correct.

>Do you dispute that your word is nothing without some sort of proof
>like you imply should be forthcoming from Mozz about his experience?

My proof is in Google.

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "M. Schwartz" wrote:
>
> > <anti-Christian responses snipped>

> From Mark 6:
> 10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any
> place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you
> leave, as a testimony against them."
>
> <shake, shake, brush, brush... feet are clean>
>
> My participation in these discussions with Mr. Schwartz is over.
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/christ.asp

I don't mind your leaving the discussion because there really wasn't
any discussion. However, anti-Christian remarks? Where? Someone who
disagrees with you is anti-Christian? Someone who asks you questions
about your faith that you cannot answer is anti-Christian?

You probably don't know what the believers in Jesus were called during
his time. Time for biblical lesson #1:

They were called the Followers of Yeshua and also The followers of the
Nazorean.

Jesus from the Latin Jesus from the Greek Iesous from the Hebrew
Yeshua. I had to leave out the accent marks.

End of bible lesson #1

Mel, very pleased that Dr. Chung is returning to cardiology and
leaving religious conversation to those with knowledge and an open
mind.

Reach for the Mu_n <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:40:48 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >From Mark 6:
> >10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any
> > place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you
> > leave, as a testimony against them."
> >
> ><shake, shake, brush, brush... feet are clean>

> When my kids were young, I used to quote this anytime we ate at a
> crappy restaurant. Did the shake, shake, brush, brush thing on exit
> and everyone would laugh.....and know we were never coming back.
>
> >My participation in these discussions with Mr. Schwartz is over.

> It was over when it started.

What kind of man is afraid to post under real name and real e-mail
address? A man who is an impostor? A man who poses as someone else?

A man without honor.

Mel, the one and only...