A busy weekend in July 2006

MartinM

Guest
Bah! it now appears that as well as La Marmotte and L'Etape, the Dun
Run is going to be that weekend. Could they not move the moon (or the
sun, or both) so the full moon is a couple of weeks later? ;-)
They'll prolly change the Tour route and put in a couple of London
stages that weekend as well at this rate.

MartinM wrote:
> Bah! it now appears that as well as La Marmotte and L'Etape, the Dun
> Run is going to be that weekend. Could they not move the moon (or the
> sun, or both) so the full moon is a couple of weeks later? ;-)
> They'll prolly change the Tour route and put in a couple of London
> stages that weekend as well at this rate.

Which weekend is that? If it is near the start of July I might actually
make it..

...d

David Martin wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
> > Bah! it now appears that as well as La Marmotte and L'Etape, the Dun
> > Run is going to be that weekend. Could they not move the moon (or the
> > sun, or both) so the full moon is a couple of weeks later? ;-)
> > They'll prolly change the Tour route and put in a couple of London
> > stages that weekend as well at this rate.

> Which weekend is that? If it is near the start of July I might actually
> make it..

8-9-10 7.2006; re the Etape; persons not in possession of compromising
photos of Graham Baxter or a lorryload of Velo magazines need not
apply.
I shall be the one with a tent on his back riding up to do La Marmotte.

In message id <[email protected]>
on 4 Nov 2005 12:51:27 -0800, MartinM wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

>David Martin wrote:
>> MartinM wrote:
>> > Bah! it now appears that as well as La Marmotte and L'Etape, the Dun
>> > Run is going to be that weekend. Could they not move the moon (or the
>> > sun, or both) so the full moon is a couple of weeks later? ;-)
>> > They'll prolly change the Tour route and put in a couple of London
>> > stages that weekend as well at this rate.

>> Which weekend is that? If it is near the start of July I might actually
>> make it..

>8-9-10 7.2006; re the Etape; persons not in possession of compromising
>photos of Graham Baxter or a lorryload of Velo magazines need not
>apply.
>I shall be the one with a tent on his back riding up to do La Marmotte.

That weekend is the final of the World Cup. (A soccer event held every
four years where Brazil or Germany tend to win. Next year it could be
different - England could win!)

If and could - the great words in the sportmsan's vocab.

"If I was fitter I could have done it"

John Blake wrote:

> That weekend is the final of the World Cup. (A soccer event held every
> four years where Brazil or Germany tend to win. Next year it could be
> different - England could win!)

thanks for that ; will make sure I take my little TV which won't work
being PAL not SECAM; The Law of Sod will dictate that England are in
the final and will I find a TV showing it?

"John Blake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> That weekend is the final of the World Cup. (A soccer event held every
> four years where Brazil or Germany tend to win. Next year it could be
> different - England could win!)

Seems unlikely, England don't have a very good success rate in WC
tournaments held outwith England. Still, if Greece can be Euro champions....

--
Duncan Gray

The Mountaineering Council of Scotland
www.mountaineering-scotland.org.uk

In message id <[email protected]> on Mon, 07
Nov 2005 10:13:32 GMT, Duncan Gray wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

>"John Blake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>

>> That weekend is the final of the World Cup. (A soccer event held every
>> four years where Brazil or Germany tend to win. Next year it could be
>> different - England could win!)
>>

>Seems unlikely, England don't have a very good success rate in WC
>tournaments held outwith England. Still, if Greece can be Euro champions....

The Rugby team won in Australia!

on 5 Nov 2005 18:40:52 -0800, MartinM wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

>John Blake wrote:
>

>> That weekend is the final of the World Cup. (A soccer event held every
>> four years where Brazil or Germany tend to win. Next year it could be
>> different - England could win!)

>thanks for that ; will make sure I take my little TV which won't work
>being PAL not SECAM; The Law of Sod will dictate that England are in
>the final and will I find a TV showing it?

The final of the World Cup is likely to be one event that will get
shown in a bar / public place even though the host nation is not
involved.

You could always bring a radio / sign up for SMS alerts...