A cake question

Hi everyone,

When I was younger, my grandmother would always buy a delicious sara
lee chocolate layer cake. For some reason, I am completely unable to
find this cake anywhere even though I have looked in lots of
supermarkets.. I know that sara lee still makes it because they have it
on their web site

http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/product_detail.aspx?product=35&category=6

Is anyone else familiar with this cake. I am in the staten island, new
york area and haven't seen it in at least 10 years:)

Sincerely, MrA

"rox formerly rmg" <[email protected]> wrote

> <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> When I was younger, my grandmother would always buy a delicious sara
>> lee chocolate layer cake. For some reason, I am completely unable to
>> find this cake anywhere even though I have looked in lots of
>> supermarkets.. I know that sara lee still makes it because they have it
>> on their web site
>>

> http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/product_detail.aspx?product=35&category=
> 6
>>
>> Is anyone else familiar with this cake. I am in the staten island, new
>> york area and haven't seen it in at least 10 years:)

> A big corporation like sara lee probably keeps rigorous track of what
> sells
> best where (and who is selling it) which might explain why you can't find
> it
> in a particular area. It looks like they do have a "where to buy" section
> on
> their site, so some phone calling or emailing could be in order.
>
> Good luck.

They will probably tell you to talk to the store manager, print out a
picture of the cake, what can it hurt? I'll look for it next time I'm
shopping, that does look good. They might order it for you.

nancy

news:[email protected]...