A cake question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Hi everyone,

    When I was younger, my grandmother would always buy a delicious sara
    lee chocolate layer cake. For some reason, I am completely unable to
    find this cake anywhere even though I have looked in lots of
    supermarkets.. I know that sara lee still makes it because they have it
    on their web site

    http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/product_detail.aspx?product=35&category=6

    Is anyone else familiar with this cake. I am in the staten island, new
    york area and haven't seen it in at least 10 years:)

    Sincerely, MrA

    Tags:

  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "rox formerly rmg" <[email protected]> wrote

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message

    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> When I was younger, my grandmother would always buy a delicious sara
    >> lee chocolate layer cake. For some reason, I am completely unable to
    >> find this cake anywhere even though I have looked in lots of
    >> supermarkets.. I know that sara lee still makes it because they have it
    >> on their web site
    >>

    > http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/product_detail.aspx?product=35&category=
    > 6
    >>
    >> Is anyone else familiar with this cake. I am in the staten island, new
    >> york area and haven't seen it in at least 10 years:)

    > A big corporation like sara lee probably keeps rigorous track of what
    > sells
    > best where (and who is selling it) which might explain why you can't find
    > it
    > in a particular area. It looks like they do have a "where to buy" section
    > on
    > their site, so some phone calling or emailing could be in order.
    >
    > Good luck.

    They will probably tell you to talk to the store manager, print out a
    picture of the cake, what can it hurt? I'll look for it next time I'm
    shopping, that does look good. They might order it for you.

    nancy

    news:[email protected]