rec.sport.unicycling archive · Public discussion

A clip of some UW'ing

Started by Sofa · · Last activity · 3 posts · 725 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling archive
Published
4 May 2004
Last activity
4 May 2004
Original author
Sofa
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
725
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey everyone, 'here's'
    (brianmackenzie.comBrianUW.mov) a clip of me
    doing some ultimate wheeling.

    (there is a curb drop into a muddy puddle)

    It's 30mb, I haven't bothered compressing it any further.
    (and the camera work is quite shaky in parts)

    Public service announcement...if your digicam makes movies
    with mov...don't get it. Had I taken this with my bro's ony,
    a) it would be 640x480 and b) it would be about 10mb

    It's the red homemade one, and it looks really cool as you
    pedal, 28 times cooler than the 'disk' UW's

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'Mommy!!! :eek: He's on a..........thing!!!!!........Wheel!!!!!!!!!!'
    - Some kid

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (tinyurl.com368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (brianmackenzie.comLUC)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: unicyclist.com706
    View this thread: unicyclist.com32216

  2. That is some awesome riding, Sofa. Whoa. But how come the wheel's all
    wobbly? 😄

    Seriously, nice riding. Nice turns and handling of the rough
    terrain. Are you getting into idling and backwards yet? I
    was just getting serious about UW when I did up my knee.

    We have a really good UW rider at Unatics, David Bagley. He
    likes the circus idle and zig-zags through the skaters'
    cones in Central Park. He also likes to ride UW off-road,
    but I haven't seen that yet. There are also some other good
    riders, including 10 yo James (see our website). Perhaps our
    two clubs can set up exchange field trips sometime; this
    summer maybe?

    --
    U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.

    '29er Tire Study' (u-turn.unicyclist.com29erTireStudy)

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (unicyclist.comalbup39)

    'New York Unicycle Club' (newyorkunicycle.comnewyorkunicycle.com)

    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: unicyclist.com691
    View this thread: unicyclist.com32216

  3. Thanks Dave, I have not been able to idle yet, and have only
    gotten about 5 backwards pedals so far.

    I've gotten a lot better at the UW since I got the BC and
    2W.......it's nice to know I can figure out -some- of my
    toys 😕

    ps....you'll notice how long my arms are at my sides during
    the last scene 🙂

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'Mommy!!! :eek: He's on a..........thing!!!!!........Wheel!!!!!!!!!!'
    - Some kid

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (tinyurl.com368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (brianmackenzie.comLUC)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: unicyclist.com706
    View this thread: unicyclist.com32216

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.