A cop Question

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Prof. Wilhelm V, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. From: "alan" <[email protected]> Subject: A cop question..... Date: Friday, November
    29, 2002 12:34 PM

    My friend Brian attracts the attention of local cops when he's riding his bicycle. He rides legally
    and responsibly, yet he's been stopped several times. One officer told him to ride up on the
    sidewalk. Another insisted that he ride in the gutter with all the broken glass and wheel-catching
    sewer grates, then issued two tickets when he didn't comply. Yesterday an officer tried to get him
    and some other riders off the street and onto a parallel multi-use path, despite the repeal of the
    mandatory side-path law here in Tulsa. "The cars can't pass," he said. The roadway in question is
    four lanes. The group occupied one. The nearby path has a 10 mph speed limit, but the group was well
    above that.

    It would seem that these officers are either ignorant of the law,

    I, like Paul Harvey would like to know the rest of the story, I have a problem believing this one.

    Prof

    Tags:

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    And what part of it troubles you, doc?

    --

    alan

    Anyone who believes in a liberal media has never read the "Daily Oklahoman."

    news:D[email protected]...