A corker...(OT)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave, May 13, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Here's one for y'all.... I (used to) suffer cramp quite a bit. It varies from the all over body type
    (near death experience) to the odd finger / toe / twinge. I'd tried attending to various things to
    overcome it but to no avail. Recently, during a casual conversation with my father, I stated that I
    could understand getting it following excessive physical demands but thought it a little unfair to
    get it after a good nights sleep, just before getting out of bed. He stated that my mom had similar
    problems and had been told of an old wives tale regarding putting cork in the bed. Apparently it
    worked for her. Well, never being one to miss out trying the ridiculous, I tried it. Much to my
    suprise, not only has it worked in bed, I also haven't had anywhere near as much cramp as prior to
    putting the corks in my bed. In fact, as I sit here thinking about it, I can't actually remember any
    instance of having cramp at all in the last 3 weeks since I started with the corks. I've just got 1
    in each corner of the fitted sheet on my side of the bed, 1 in my pillowcase (lowerside) and 1 on my
    bedside table. I've no idea at all why it's working and would be interested to hear any theories and
    whether or not anyone else has come across this before. I guess the next step is to take them away,
    1 at a time until the cramp returns to find an optimum effective number and possibly location. If
    you do try this at home and have a partner who shares your bedspace, be sure to warn them firast as
    it could lead to some very bizarre misunderstandings ;-) cheers <hic! - ooops> Dave.

    Tags:

  2. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    No answer to your query, but I have found that Ginko Biloba very effective towards cramp.

    Gadget

  3. Trog Woolley

    Trog Woolley Guest

    While stranded on the hard shoulder of the information super highway
    [email protected] typed:
    > No answer to your query, but I have found that Ginko Biloba very effective towards cramp.

    Your bank manager likes it when you regularly take Ginko too

    --
    Trog Woolley | trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk (A Croweater back residing in Pommie
    Land with Linux) Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna

  4. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], Trog Woolley <[email protected]> typed:

    > Your bank manager likes it when you regularly take Ginko too

    ...because its Japanese for "Bank"?

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Trog Woolley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > While stranded on the hard shoulder of the information super highway
    [email protected] typed:
    > > No answer to your query, but I have found that Ginko Biloba very
    effective
    > > towards cramp.
    >
    > Your bank manager likes it when you regularly take Ginko too

    Thanks Gadget and well spotted Trog. This is why I'll be sticking to the corks....only had to sink 4
    bottles of wine that were donated to the cause some time ago ;-) Dave.