A country seemingly full of idiots and bigots



alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
Wow. "Americans" have their panties wound tight about proposed mosques in California, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, and of course over the planned Islamic community center in NYC. It's patently sad and pathetic that US soldiers have payed the ultimate price--allegedly for freedom--while bands of dolts across the country want nothing more than to deprive people of some of those freedoms, specifically the freedom to follow the religion of their choosing. We're certainly some example to the world, an example of how to abandon core values; an example of how to try and dictate to the world what freedom is while not heeding our own preaching; an example of what it really means to lack the spine to actually stand on principles.

The smell of xenophobic fear and the taint of unrestrained racism and bigotry in this country is disgusting and dishonors the very thing those lost in war were supposed to be defending. It's like all of these xenophobes and bigots are taking a big sh1t on the graves of those dead soldiers. This behavior is one big prima facie example of why the US is losing so much credibility in the world.
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
55
Crazymike said:
First, I like to say that this is a cycling forum and not a political rant forum or a religious forum.
Second, if you pass judgement on people that do not want a mosque are you not infringing on their freedom to protest?
Third. I have seen the sadness and the sorrow of people who have lost their husbands, wives, sons and daughters, MOMMY or DADDY to a terrorist attack where the only things these people did was go to work.
Fourth, the Americans that you are condemning are not against the practice of muslim religion they are against the location of mosque, a building "a cultural center"?
As for the other cities I have no knowledge of why these people are protesting, I just figure they have a good reason to protest and that is an American freedom that out military veterans also died for.

1. "Your Bloody Soapbox" is for rants of ANY type. Where did you read it was NOT for political or religious ranting???

What distinction are you making with your 'Third' point? It is truly sad many have lost their lives at the hands of terrorists. What does that have to do with what Alienator said in his post? I hope you're not implying Muslim = Terrorist. You're playing loosely with that...
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
Crazymike said:
First, I like to say that this is a cycling forum and not a political rant forum or a religious forum.
Second, if you pass judgement on people that do not want a mosque are you not infringing on their freedom to protest?
Third. I have seen the sadness and the sorrow of people who have lost their husbands, wives, sons and daughters, MOMMY or DADDY to a terrorist attack where the only things these people did was go to work.
Fourth, the Americans that you are condemning are not against the practice of muslim religion they are against the location of mosque, a building "a cultural center"?
As for the other cities I have no knowledge of why these people are protesting, I just figure they have a good reason to protest and that is an American freedom that out military veterans also died for.

  • First, read what this sub-forum is about.
  • Second, I'm not infringing on their right to protest. Reading what I said as such is a an example of poor reading skills.
  • Third, apparently you forgot about the Muslim citizens that were in the WTC that died, too. Sadness is no justification for denying someone their rights.
  • Fourth, uhm, apparently you haven't listened to the rhetoric coming from those protesting said community center. Also, why the need to put quotes around "cultural center?" Moreover, why were no one's knickers twisted when Muslims started praying in said that building SIX MONTHS AGO?
  • Fifth, they must have a good reason to protest? Really? That's what critical thought leads you to think?
So that this time you don't conveniently misread what I say, I am not denying anyone's right to protest. I am saying that the notion that it's okay to deny someone's first amendment rights as is being done in all of these protests and as is being championed by talking heads and media personalities is patently wrong. I am saying that people that champion and follow such an idea reek of cowardice and bigotry. I am saying that these people have no clue about the principles on which this country was founded. I'm saying such people are the same as people who thought women shouldn't vote and the same as the millions who thought and still do think that it's okay for blacks and other minorities to live as second class citizens, without the benefit of all the rights that the cowards enjoyed or enjoy.
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
Crazymike said:
Somebody put a bug up your butt it seems. I think that a website that has cycling forums as it's title would imply cycling related posts? Am I wrong for thinking that cycling forums is for cycling?

Paying attention, and again, reading comprehension are big bonuses.

This comes from the very top of the Your Bloody Soap Box sub-forum page:
Looking for a place to post your latest Rant? Then this is the place to be if you wanna get on your bloody SOAP BOX
 

billydonn

New Member
Jul 19, 2008
59
0
0
74
alienator said:
Wow. "Americans" have their panties wound tight about proposed mosques in California, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, and of course over the planned Islamic community center in NYC. It's patently sad and pathetic that US soldiers have payed the ultimate price--allegedly for freedom--while bands of dolts across the country want nothing more than to deprive people of some of those freedoms, specifically the freedom to follow the religion of their choosing. We're certainly some example to the world, an example of how to abandon core values; an example of how to try and dictate to the world what freedom is while not heeding our own preaching; an example of what it really means to lack the spine to actually stand on principles.

The smell of xenophobic fear and the taint of unrestrained racism and bigotry in this country is disgusting and dishonors the very thing those lost in war were supposed to be defending. It's like all of these xenophobes and bigots are taking a big sh1t on the graves of those dead soldiers. This behavior is one big prima facie example of why the US is losing so much credibility in the world.

+1 That is pretty well put. I do not think they represent the true cause of Jesus very well either, though most of them certainly claim to.
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
billydonn said:
+1 That is pretty well put. I do not think they represent the true cause of Jesus very well either, though most of them certainly claim to.

You're absolutely right. I'll grant that the issue re: the Islamic community center is also complicated by sensitivities about 9/11, BUT in California, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, the issue is purely religious. As each day goes by, all of these situations get more ridiculous and scary. In Tennessee, the Feds are now investigating a fire at the planned mosque in Murfreesboro and are calling the fire arson. If religion and outright bigotry aren't at the core of these "controversies", then why the uproar in Tennessee? The mosque being built in Murfreesboro is just a new mosque for a Muslim congregation that's been there, already, in an older location, for over 10 years!

As for the Islamic community center near--not at--ground zero, I have to correct an earlier statement. Worship hasn't been going on for 6 months at that locale. No, it's been going on for 1 year according to Mayor Bloomberg. And as he asks, if the community center is such an issue on the questionably "hallowed ground", what about the **** shops? The churches?

Christians certainly have been at the front of the uproar against these mosques and the community center. There's no debating their loud voices bleating against some imagined threat posed by said mosques. Of course, this isn't to say that all Christians are acting in such a spoiled, hateful, and bigoted way, but there sure are a large number that are. Christianity certainly is revealing its own hypocrisies.

There's little that separates Christianity from Islam. The Bible is every bit as violent as people claim the Qu'ran is.

Now, people are yelping about how the US was born as a Christian nation and thus should continue to be a Christian nation. Well,if that's what this country is supposed to be (highly debatable BTW), judging by the actions of a huge number of Christians, we are fψcked as a country. Hell, we're not inclusive. We're not the great melting pot.
 

slovakguy

Well-Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
1,898
66
0
if you are also incensed at the religious intolerance now bubbling over in this country and would like to do something tangible, then get over to the aclu site and sign the petition which pledges your support of first amendment rights. if you decide to contribute to their defence of our constitutional rights, i, for one encourage your commitment and courageous stance in supporting the aclu.
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
slovakguy said:
if you are also incensed at the religious intolerance now bubbling over in this country and would like to do something tangible, then get over to the aclu site and sign the petition which pledges your support of first amendment rights. if you decide to contribute to their defence of our constitutional rights, i, for one encourage your commitment and courageous stance in supporting the aclu.

I'll head over there and check out their petition.

....a few minutes later.....

Done and signed.
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
Sadly, the attitude portrayed in this Onion article is all too real and all too relevant in the Land of the Freely Ignorant and Home of the Cowards (er, the US):

Man Already Knows Everything He Needs To Know About Muslims

For the dimwitted 'mericans in the crowd (unfortunately their numbers are growing by leaps and bounds), the article is intended as "satire" and "humor."
 

limerickman

Well-Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
16,130
220
63
Originally Posted by alienator .

Sadly, the attitude portrayed in this Onion article is all too real and all too relevant in the Land of the Freely Ignorant and Home of the Cowards (er, the US):

Man Already Knows Everything He Needs To Know About Muslims

For the dimwitted 'mericans in the crowd (unfortunately their numbers are growing by leaps and bounds), the article is intended as "satire" and "humor."
People seem to be led far too easily, over there.

I read several US political forums on the internet.
It never fails to amaze how many uninformed people there are - which leads me to suspect that these people can be easily manipulated in to believing the scaremonger
theories put forward by certain political elements in the USA.
 

CallingUout

New Member
Oct 25, 2010
1
0
0
Seems to me that too many on this site are arrogant retards.

I fully expect this comment to be deleted because as with most sites, the moderators do not wish to have their idiots riled up.
You people freely speak **** about Americans as if you have no problems of your own. If not for America how many of you would have the ability to speak freely? You may reply to that question with some ignorant remark but the truth is you and your peasant armies would have been no match for Germanys Nazis’, or Russia communist. And although you may not have learned this in your “hut” schoolroom, the only thing that stopped either of them from taking over the world was America.
One retard on this site is getting his information from “The Onion” and I’m sure most of the satire has somehow sunk into his marble sized brain as being factual.
Now you talk trash about Americans not wanting a Mosque built beside the grounds of the worst terrorist attack the world has ever seen and condemn Americans because YOU say there is no connection between a muslim and terrorist.
So, I ask you this, have you also been a cave for the last ten years?
No one is saying that all muslims are bad, or that all muslims are terrorist, but the facts are that the ones that attacked America WERE, and they used THAT “religion” as a basis for murdering thousands.
The mosques have been used not only to hide terrorist but also as a means to encourage and plan terrorism. If you are too ignorant and /or too blind to see the facts then I could care less about your uneducated rants, but for those of you that know the facts and still support the radical muslim groups, I say you are no better than an accessory to a murdering thug.
When your country is attacked and your family members or friends are ripped to pieces by a suicidal bomber or from the debris of a building collapsing, we will see if you still stand with the murdering terrorist.
 

slovakguy

Well-Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
1,898
66
0
Originally Posted by CallingUout .

Seems to me that too many on this site are arrogant retards.

I fully expect this comment to be deleted because as with most sites, the moderators do not wish to have their idiots riled up.
You people freely speak **** about Americans as if you have no problems of your own. If not for America how many of you would have the ability to speak freely? You may reply to that question with some ignorant remark but the truth is you and your peasant armies would have been no match for Germanys Nazis’, or Russia communist. And although you may not have learned this in your “hut” schoolroom, the only thing that stopped either of them from taking over the world was America.
One retard on this site is getting his information from “The Onion” and I’m sure most of the satire has somehow sunk into his marble sized brain as being factual.
Now you talk trash about Americans not wanting a Mosque built beside the grounds of the worst terrorist attack the world has ever seen and condemn Americans because YOU say there is no connection between a muslim and terrorist.
So, I ask you this, have you also been a cave for the last ten years?
No one is saying that all muslims are bad, or that all muslims are terrorist, but the facts are that the ones that attacked America WERE, and they used THAT “religion” as a basis for murdering thousands.
The mosques have been used not only to hide terrorist but also as a means to encourage and plan terrorism. If you are too ignorant and /or too blind to see the facts then I could care less about your uneducated rants, but for those of you that know the facts and still support the radical muslim groups, I say you are no better than an accessory to a murdering thug.
When your country is attacked and your family members or friends are ripped to pieces by a suicidal bomber or from the debris of a building collapsing, we will see if you still stand with the murdering terrorist.
of course he's aware of timothy mcveigh and those other americans who have lobbed bombs at government building and/or shot bullets at reproductive health centres and the people that work at those places. i mean how could he post such an execrable screed without being the least bit aware of the various home-grown u.s. terrorists running about? not to mention those screaming for the exercise of second amendment remedies. certainly our brave poster would demand that those terrorists who hide behind the new testament also be called out. certainly he would. i mean how could he be so courageous to make up a screen name, post this one brilliant discourse on the exclusive link between islam and terrorism, and not be aware that terrorists have come from every religious group i can think of (with the glaring exception of those radical buddhist terrorists)?
 

limerickman

Well-Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
16,130
220
63
Originally Posted by slovakguy .



Quote: Originally Posted by CallingUout .

Seems to me that too many on this site are arrogant retards.

I fully expect this comment to be deleted because as with most sites, the moderators do not wish to have their idiots riled up.
You people freely speak **** about Americans as if you have no problems of your own. If not for America how many of you would have the ability to speak freely? You may reply to that question with some ignorant remark but the truth is you and your peasant armies would have been no match for Germanys Nazis’, or Russia communist. And although you may not have learned this in your “hut” schoolroom, the only thing that stopped either of them from taking over the world was America.
One retard on this site is getting his information from “The Onion” and I’m sure most of the satire has somehow sunk into his marble sized brain as being factual.
Now you talk trash about Americans not wanting a Mosque built beside the grounds of the worst terrorist attack the world has ever seen and condemn Americans because YOU say there is no connection between a muslim and terrorist.
So, I ask you this, have you also been a cave for the last ten years?
No one is saying that all muslims are bad, or that all muslims are terrorist, but the facts are that the ones that attacked America WERE, and they used THAT “religion” as a basis for murdering thousands.
The mosques have been used not only to hide terrorist but also as a means to encourage and plan terrorism. If you are too ignorant and /or too blind to see the facts then I could care less about your uneducated rants, but for those of you that know the facts and still support the radical muslim groups, I say you are no better than an accessory to a murdering thug.
When your country is attacked and your family members or friends are ripped to pieces by a suicidal bomber or from the debris of a building collapsing, we will see if you still stand with the murdering terrorist.
of course he's aware of timothy mcveigh and those other americans who have lobbed bombs at government building and/or shot bullets at reproductive health centres and the people that work at those places. i mean how could he post such an execrable screed without being the least bit aware of the various home-grown u.s. terrorists running about? not to mention those screaming for the exercise of second amendment remedies. certainly our brave poster would demand that those terrorists who hide behind the new testament also be called out. certainly he would. i mean how could he be so courageous to make up a screen name, post this one brilliant discourse on the exclusive link between islam and terrorism, and not be aware that terrorists have come from every religious group i can think of (with the glaring exception of those radical buddhist terrorists)?


Some of the most effective "terrorists" I know of, are devoted Roman Catholics!
 

slovakguy

Well-Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
1,898
66
0
sometimes i am still gob-smacked that at any time where i now live i can be around people who hold that fool's beliefs as true. as you've pointed out, there were many who would fit the description of terrorist very well who wrapped themselves in the roman church, or sikh beliefs, or just about every religion we've known as human beings. what is so grating is how these toads generally only make these croakings for the other toads who believe this ****. as soon as someone confronts them with information contrary to their positions, off they run to the safety of their like minded dolts.
 

vjbknife

Member
Oct 15, 2010
37
6
0
Your generalization of all "Americans" being like this is as ignorant as the behavior and thought process that you are describing.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Wow. "Americans" have their panties wound tight about proposed mosques in California, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, and of course over the planned Islamic community center in NYC. It's patently sad and pathetic that US soldiers have payed the ultimate price--allegedly for freedom--while bands of dolts across the country want nothing more than to deprive people of some of those freedoms, specifically the freedom to follow the religion of their choosing. We're certainly some example to the world, an example of how to abandon core values; an example of how to try and dictate to the world what freedom is while not heeding our own preaching; an example of what it really means to lack the spine to actually stand on principles.

The smell of xenophobic fear and the taint of unrestrained racism and bigotry in this country is disgusting and dishonors the very thing those lost in war were supposed to be defending. It's like all of these xenophobes and bigots are taking a big sh1t on the graves of those dead soldiers. This behavior is one big prima facie example of why the US is losing so much credibility in the world.
 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
678
113
Not sure you will get a reply. It seems that Alienator vacated the premises a while back, But you never know if he might return.I am guessing no.
 

Similar threads