A country seemingly full of idiots and bigots

more importantly, how many days until the return of the holiday hat wearing badger as avatar. we do have our christmas traditions around here, you realise.

will there be a countdown clock, party hats & noisemakers preceding the return? this could be as big as the lighting of the tree in rockefeller centre or the white house lighting ceremony.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

will there be a countdown clock, party hats & noisemakers preceding the return? this could be as big as the lighting of the tree in rockefeller centre or the white house lighting ceremony.

It would be bigger

Originally Posted by alienator .

Wow. "Americans" have their panties wound tight about proposed mosques in California, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, and of course over the planned Islamic community center in NYC. It's patently sad and pathetic that US soldiers have payed the ultimate price--allegedly for freedom--while bands of dolts across the country want nothing more than to deprive people of some of those freedoms, specifically the freedom to follow the religion of their choosing. We're certainly some example to the world, an example of how to abandon core values; an example of how to try and dictate to the world what freedom is while not heeding our own preaching; an example of what it really means to lack the spine to actually stand on principles.

The smell of xenophobic fear and the taint of unrestrained racism and bigotry in this country is disgusting and dishonors the very thing those lost in war were supposed to be defending. It's like all of these xenophobes and bigots are taking a big sh1t on the graves of those dead soldiers. This behavior is one big prima facie example of why the US is losing so much credibility in the world.
It's not that we Americans are against mosques, we are against what that religion stands for, which is hate towards ALL other religions and hate against the western world with the mindset of killing all those opposed to their way of thinking. The Muslem world has come out and said they won't rest and have peace till all the infidels are dead. So you expect us Americans to sit back and go, "that's ok they think that way, please come here and do whatever you do with no restrictions on your freedoms while you kill my family!" Sorry, but you got Amercians all wrong if you think we're going to stand for that!! We have a lot of different religions here and none of them want to do violence against the American culture or against Americans except for the Muslems and the Islam religions. Are you against the KKK killing black people? I hope you are! The black people for years feared the KKK and rightfully so, but your ok with some religion wanting to kill us and then call that fear and unrestrained racism and bigotry? But yet it's ok in your mind for the Muslem and Islam world to express their bigotry and racism against us.

Originally Posted by Froze .

It's not that we Americans are against mosques, we are against what that religion stands for, which is hate towards ALL other religions and hate against the western world with the mindset of killing all those opposed to their way of thinking. The Muslem world has come out and said they won't rest and have peace till all the infidels are dead. So you expect us Americans to sit back and go, "that's ok they think that way, please come here and do whatever you do with no restrictions on your freedoms while you kill my family!" Sorry, but you got Amercians all wrong if you think we're going to stand for that!! We have a lot of different religions here and none of them want to do violence against the American culture or against Americans except for the Muslems and the Islam religions. Are you against the KKK killing black people? I hope you are! The black people for years feared the KKK and rightfully so, but your ok with some religion wanting to kill us and then call that fear and unrestrained racism and bigotry? But yet it's ok in your mind for the Muslem and Islam world to express their bigotry and racism against us.
really, where to begin? did you ever get the feeling that the radicals within that part of the world are reacting to a cultural incursion which they find is polluting their world? did you ever get the feeling that maybe they too have felt unhidden racism and bigotry when their countries were benevolently administered by the european colonials? so if you are objecting to their injection of a different way of looking at the world and a relationship to god since they first established a noticeable presence in the u.s., you'll just have to excuse their vehemence in trying to defend their culture on their shores, yes? but oddly you have hit a nail squarely on the head when you write that not one religion "want(s) to do violence against the american culture or against americans", as long as we discount fundamentalist christian terrorists who have lobbed bombs at birth control centres and shot a few of the doctors working within. or those christian terrorists who have scrawled swastikas on synagogues or torched a mosque or two along the way. other than those facts, you're spot on. oh, and by the bye, the kkk had a strong southern baptist association.

keep waving that american flag and never read a history book. it makes it much easier to swallow the half-truths of america's fear mongers.

and just for the fun of it, whose sock puppet are you?

Quote: Originally Posted by alienator .

Wow. "Americans" have their panties wound tight about proposed mosques in California, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, and of course over the planned Islamic community center in NYC. It's patently sad and pathetic that US soldiers have payed the ultimate price--allegedly for freedom--while bands of dolts across the country want nothing more than to deprive people of some of those freedoms, specifically the freedom to follow the religion of their choosing. We're certainly some example to the world, an example of how to abandon core values; an example of how to try and dictate to the world what freedom is while not heeding our own preaching; an example of what it really means to lack the spine to actually stand on principles.

The smell of xenophobic fear and the taint of unrestrained racism and bigotry in this country is disgusting and dishonors the very thing those lost in war were supposed to be defending. It's like all of these xenophobes and bigots are taking a big sh1t on the graves of those dead soldiers. This behavior is one big prima facie example of why the US is losing so much credibility in the world.

sigh...where is alienator when you need him? I just don't have the motivation to respond to this ignorance...and above all, the author of this comment should do all Americans (myself included) a real big favor and ONLY speak for him/herself - no one made you ad hoc spokesperson for Americans...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Quote: Originally Posted by Froze .

sigh...where is alienator when you need him? I just don't have the motivation to respond to this ignorance...and above all, the author of this comment should do all Americans (myself included) a real big favor and ONLY speak for him/herself - no one made you ad hoc spokesperson for Americans...

Gee, you must be a kkk supporter.

Quote: Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Gee, you must be a kkk supporter.

I seriously doubt that he is a KKK supporter.

But I don't doubt at all that he does not want you speaking for him.

I'm an American, I'm not a KKK supporter, and you don't speak for me.

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Couldn't have said it better myself.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Quote: Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

These responses have been very funny, I've been rolling on the floor!! Then what's crazy is 64Paramount says he doesn't want anyone to speak for him and then Tony Zachery chimes in with couldn't have said it better myself. So one can only assume then that Zachery doesn't mind if someone, 64Paramount, speaks for him!!!!! This is great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These responses have been very funny, I've been rolling on the floor!! Then what's crazy is 64Paramount says he doesn't want anyone to speak for him and then Tony Zachery chimes in with couldn't have said it better myself. So one can only assume then that Zachery doesn't mind if someone, 64Paramount, speaks for him!!!!! This is great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to learn to read more carefully......

Neither Tony Z or myself said that we didn't want anyone speaking for us......we specifically said we don't want you speaking for us.

Do you understand the difference?

Originally Posted by CallingUout .

Seems to me that too many on this site are arrogant retards.

I fully expect this comment to be deleted because as with most sites, the moderators do not wish to have their idiots riled up.
You people freely speak **** about ..
When your country is attacked and your family members or friends are ripped to pieces by a suicidal bomber or from the debris of a building collapsing, we will see if you still stand with the murdering terrorist.
Dear Calling,

I, too, expected at least one other of my notes to be deleted and receive the standard warning/ acct suspension, etc., notice

Sites such as bicycling.com and roadbikerider.com (Ed Puhvelkuh) don't even know the difference between suspended, kicked and banned.

Ack,chew ally, thiz shaping up to be one of the few places we cAn speak our minds, however vulgar they may be..

Due to the above stated attitudes, I adopt more and more of a respect-in-real-time/ is-what-it-is-now, policy.

No matter how fond or averse we may be toward a group, individual, law, rule, norm, more' etc., we can still find ourselves in its' midst.

When that happens, we have to deal as best we can with the sitation.

Thankfully, no one can fight forever. So it pays to make peace and establish allies where and whenever possible.

Case in point:

I think its (funny and) useful as hell to note that when one of Kim jong-il's son's was caught traveling on a fake passport,
he claimed to be wanting to go to Disneyland.

Here is a son of one of the most ruthless people ever; and, if he is to be believed, all he wants is to go to F-ING Disneyland!
If *someone* didn't take that guy to Disneyland and make him a home so that he may be used as a liaison or confident,
They missed an golden opportunity:

"Uuhh, Kim Jong; I have soemone here you may be interested in speaking with.."

Like the abominable snowman, most sane people just have some underlying problem or desire they need or want fulfilled and,
if we can just set aside our personal prejudices long enough to figure out what it is, we can get carried off the ice flow on their oil fields, err,
magic carpets.

If we see only what we want not trying to bargain faithfully for it, we are probably going to fail the course.

Stay hungry,

Not Sure

Neither Tony Z or myself said that we didn't want anyone speaking for us......we specifically said we don't want you speaking for us.

Sure...wink wink!!!