A Couple Thanksgiving Pictures

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Damsel in dis Dress, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. "Thank you, Dear Carol, for sending me these pictures. I hope that
    you have posted them to rfc, too. If not, hurry up and do so. Please.
    " Queen Margaret of Manhattan

    She's such a sweetheart! Look under Thanksgiving 2005. The best part
    of these pictures (IMHO) is the wallpaper trim and the fire engine red
    wainscoting below it. LOL! The potholders were a housewarming gift
    from Jill.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

    I didn't post the others because they're full of Mountain Dew cans,
    and they show that we poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup (I
    could have sworn I had a gravy boat!)

    Carol
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.

    Tags:

  2. Great pictures and the food looks YUMMY!

  3. Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > "Thank you, Dear Carol, for sending me these pictures. I hope that
    > you have posted them to rfc, too. If not, hurry up and do so. Please.
    > " Queen Margaret of Manhattan
    >
    > She's such a sweetheart! Look under Thanksgiving 2005. The best part
    > of these pictures (IMHO) is the wallpaper trim and the fire engine red
    > wainscoting below it. LOL! The potholders were a housewarming gift
    > from Jill.
    > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >
    > I didn't post the others because they're full of Mountain Dew cans,
    > and they show that we poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup (I
    > could have sworn I had a gravy boat!)
    >
    > Carol

    Carol, I really wanted the others on rfc to enjoy the same treat you
    so kindly made available to me.

    I will say it again: Anything that looks so good and is made with
    such care and love as your dinner obviously was, had to taste good.

  4. On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:38:18 -0500, Margaret Suran
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >> "Thank you, Dear Carol, for sending me these pictures. I hope that
    >> you have posted them to rfc, too. If not, hurry up and do so. Please.
    >> " Queen Margaret of Manhattan
    >>
    >> She's such a sweetheart! Look under Thanksgiving 2005. The best part
    >> of these pictures (IMHO) is the wallpaper trim and the fire engine red
    >> wainscoting below it. LOL! The potholders were a housewarming gift
    >> from Jill.
    >> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >>
    >> I didn't post the others because they're full of Mountain Dew cans,
    >> and they show that we poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup (I
    >> could have sworn I had a gravy boat!)
    >>
    >> Carol

    >Carol, I really wanted the others on rfc to enjoy the same treat you
    >so kindly made available to me.
    >
    >I will say it again: Anything that looks so good and is made with
    >such care and love as your dinner obviously was, had to taste good.

    You're not Queen Margaret. You're Saint Margaret. That name's
    probably already taken (I don't know about these things). Maybe
    you're our angel. :)

    I still think we needed more salt. ;-)

    Carol
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.

  5. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > "Thank you, Dear Carol, for sending me these pictures. I hope that
    > you have posted them to rfc, too. If not, hurry up and do so. Please.
    > " Queen Margaret of Manhattan
    >
    > She's such a sweetheart! Look under Thanksgiving 2005. The best part
    > of these pictures (IMHO) is the wallpaper trim and the fire engine red
    > wainscoting below it. LOL! The potholders were a housewarming gift
    > from Jill.
    > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >
    > I didn't post the others because they're full of Mountain Dew cans,
    > and they show that we poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup (I
    > could have sworn I had a gravy boat!)
    >
    > Carol

    Ah lovely!
    And who cares if you use pyrex or gravy boats or one of those big yellow dump
    truck toys!

    Actually, that's would make a cool gravy boat.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  6. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:11:26 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Ah lovely!
    >And who cares if you use pyrex or gravy boats or one of those big yellow dump
    >truck toys!
    >
    >Actually, that's would make a cool gravy boat.

    Well, I don't have a yellow dump truck yet (A grandchild of the male
    persuasion is planned to arrive in April. A dump truck is
    inevitable).

    But based on your comments, I've added the rest of the pictures.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

    Carol
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.

  7. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:11:26 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ah lovely!
    >>And who cares if you use pyrex or gravy boats or one of those big yellow
    >>dump
    >>truck toys!
    >>
    >>Actually, that's would make a cool gravy boat.

    > Well, I don't have a yellow dump truck yet (A grandchild of the male
    > persuasion is planned to arrive in April. A dump truck is
    > inevitable).
    >
    > But based on your comments, I've added the rest of the pictures.
    > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >
    > Carol
    > --
    > Wash away the gray to respond.

    Beautiful that apple pie! It's perfect! Many compliments to you!
    Cheers
    Pandora

  8. The Bubbo wrote:

    > And who cares if you use pyrex or gravy boats or one of those big yellow
    > dump truck toys!
    >
    > Actually, that's would make a cool gravy boat.

    When my girlfriend's kid was a toddler, I got him a boat-shaped bowl with an
    oar-shaped spoon. THAT would make a cool gravy boat!

    Bob

  9. sf

    sf Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:10:39 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > The potholders were a housewarming gift from Jill.

    I cycled through the pictures more than once.... where are those
    potholders?

  10. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:27:50 -0800, sf <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:10:39 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >
    >> The potholders were a housewarming gift from Jill.

    >I cycled through the pictures more than once.... where are those
    >potholders?

    They're hanging from a wooden shelf. Above the potholders is a jam
    jar shaped like a peach. Above that, two apple halves. One for salt,
    one for pepper.

    Carol
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

  11. Becca

    Becca Guest

  12. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Bob Terwilliger wrote:
    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >
    >> And who cares if you use pyrex or gravy boats or one of those big yellow
    >> dump truck toys!
    >>
    >> Actually, that's would make a cool gravy boat.

    > When my girlfriend's kid was a toddler, I got him a boat-shaped bowl with an
    > oar-shaped spoon. THAT would make a cool gravy boat!
    >
    > Bob

    I totally want that. I'd eat my cream of wheat out of it while watching
    spongebob.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  13. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:11:26 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ah lovely!
    >>And who cares if you use pyrex or gravy boats or one of those big yellow

    dump
    >>truck toys!
    >>
    >>Actually, that's would make a cool gravy boat.

    > Well, I don't have a yellow dump truck yet (A grandchild of the male
    > persuasion is planned to arrive in April. A dump truck is
    > inevitable).
    >
    > But based on your comments, I've added the rest of the pictures.
    > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >
    > Carol

    wonderful! I love the re-enactment of the cranberry dish incident

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  14. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:09:51 -0600, Becca <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >
    >> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

    >Thanks for sharing your photos. Everything looks delicious, especially
    >the Turkey Noodle Soup!
    >
    >Becca

    Yes, I love the pic of the soup! I want to know what kind of noodles
    those are..did you make them or did you buy them? If you bought them,
    what kind are they, that they are so thick?!!

    I want some of those!!!!!

    Christine

  15. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:09:51 -0600, Becca <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >
    >> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

    >Thanks for sharing your photos. Everything looks delicious, especially
    >the Turkey Noodle Soup!
    >
    >Becca

    Yes, I love the pic of the soup! I want to know what kind of noodles
    those are..did you make them or did you buy them? If you bought them,
    what kind are they, that they are so thick?!!

    I want some of those!!!!!

    Christine

  16. biig

    biig Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > "Thank you, Dear Carol, for sending me these pictures. I hope that
    > you have posted them to rfc, too. If not, hurry up and do so. Please.
    > " Queen Margaret of Manhattan
    >
    > She's such a sweetheart! Look under Thanksgiving 2005. The best part
    > of these pictures (IMHO) is the wallpaper trim and the fire engine red
    > wainscoting below it. LOL! The potholders were a housewarming gift
    > from Jill.
    > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >
    > I didn't post the others because they're full of Mountain Dew cans,
    > and they show that we poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup (I
    > could have sworn I had a gravy boat!)
    >
    > Carol
    > --
    > Wash away the gray to respond.

    Wow Carol.....we were separated at birth and mirror images at that...I
    have the exact same wallpaper border, but mines right side up ...or is
    mine upside down.....LOL....Sharon

  17. biig

    biig Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > "Thank you, Dear Carol, for sending me these pictures. I hope that
    > you have posted them to rfc, too. If not, hurry up and do so. Please.
    > " Queen Margaret of Manhattan
    >
    > She's such a sweetheart! Look under Thanksgiving 2005. The best part
    > of these pictures (IMHO) is the wallpaper trim and the fire engine red
    > wainscoting below it. LOL! The potholders were a housewarming gift
    > from Jill.
    > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
    >
    > I didn't post the others because they're full of Mountain Dew cans,
    > and they show that we poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup (I
    > could have sworn I had a gravy boat!)
    >
    > Carol
    > --
    > Wash away the gray to respond.

    Wow Carol.....we were separated at birth and mirror images at that...I
    have the exact same wallpaper border, but mines right side up ...or is
    mine upside down.....LOL....Sharon

  18. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:15:33 -0800, Christine Dabney
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:09:51 -0600, Becca <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

    >>Thanks for sharing your photos. Everything looks delicious, especially
    >>the Turkey Noodle Soup!
    >>
    >>Becca

    >Yes, I love the pic of the soup! I want to know what kind of noodles
    >those are..did you make them or did you buy them? If you bought them,
    >what kind are they, that they are so thick?!!
    >
    >I want some of those!!!!!

    I bought them. I got the frozen ones (in a bag), but I've also seen
    them on the shelf next to the "regular" egg noodles.

    Regular: Shiny, yellow, slippery
    Homemade: Dull, white, chewy

    I changed the name from Homemade Noodles to Egg Noodles for my own
    recordkeeping. I've never rolled them paper thin. I like 'em plump
    and chewy.

    It's been all I could do to not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
    It's just so damned good! Had two bowls for breakfast. :D

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Egg Noodles

    Recipe By :Betty Crocker (1950)
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : pasta soups-chowders

    1 whole egg
    3 egg yolks
    3 tablespoons cold water
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups all-purpose flour

    Beat egg and yolks until very light. Beat in water and salt. Stir in
    flour and work in with hands.

    Divide dough into 3 parts. Roll out each piece as thin as possible
    (paper thin) on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Place between
    two towels until dough is partially dry (like chamois skin). Roll up
    dough as for jelly roll. With a thin, sharp knife, cut into strips of
    desired width (1/8" for fine noodles, up to 1/2 inch for broad
    noodles). Shake out the strips and allow to dry before using or
    storing.

    Yield:
    "6 cups"

    NOTES : from Carol:
    This is the recipe I use whenever I make turkey soup (chicken soup
    gets rice). I almost always take the shortcut my mom did, and make
    "Turkey Blob Soup." Spoon small pieces of dough into boiling soup, as
    you would with dumplings, but with much smaller chunks. Nice, chewy
    blobs of goodness!