A cry for help!!!!

Racerx

Guest
Jonathan Erdelyi Diary: Season Closer
10/27/2003 By: Jonathan Erdelyi

http://www.racelistings.com/home.htm

Sorry that it has taken me so long to write this story. My last race was Mengoni and after that I
took a little bit of a break from the bike. I had tried to write an article for everyone to read,
but I was just not feeling it and I had a little bit of a writers block. Just couldn't think.

October is almost over and that means my break is almost over. I know most of you are saying that he
took his break in October. I honestly could not jump on my bike and go for ride. That was the last
thing that I wanted to do with the closing of the season I had (Miss Worlds and crash in my last
race). Now I am going to have to deal with the cold weather. Fine, I bought enough stuff last year
to support a whole division 3 team.

Well, to get on the topic at hand. Everyone knows that I didn't go to Worlds. To all the people that
follow me and to all the people that are just intrigued in my horrible writing skills, I am sorry. I
wanted to go, but when you don't perform to there standards or do unselfish things, you get screwed
sometimes. I am going to leave that alone though.

As for my season and this whole Division 3 thing. There is nothing like being the U23 National Road
Race Champion and not having any teams calling you for a job for next year. I don't know how else to
put this, but I find it kinda hard that I don't receive a pay check either. If I am in the wrong,
please let me know. I train as hard as 80 percent of the guys in the pro peloton and have better
results and more potential then 99.9% of them. It's hard to go out there everyday and perform at
your best when you have to work a job and just think about where your money is going to come from.

I know that there have been a lot of people that have traveled around out of a car. Good for them.
It should not be that way. Look at all of the other professional athletes, and I said professional
athletes, not people that are in the minor leagues or in the NCAA (Who still get paid somehow but no
one knows how). They all say what happens if he breaks his leg before he goes pro, I bet he at least
has health insurance. I am just so fed up with this sport. I have now been doing it for 15 years
(competitively) and I really don't know how much longer I can last.

I love this sport and I love the people, no matter how much some of them **** me off. It makes it
that much better when you beat them on the bike. One of the only reasons that I am going to race
next year is because I have this jersey that allows me to enter any race for free. Well, I am
going to give it another shot next year and try to do something at those Olympic trials next year.
Try to surprise everyone. Train better and harder then ever before. If anyone has any questions,
please do write me. Also, if anyone wants me to write on a topic. Feel free to let me know and I
will gladly do so.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I am just fed up and I had to vent.

[email protected] (RacerX) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Jonathan Erdelyi Diary: Season Closer
> 10/27/2003 By: Jonathan Erdelyi
>
> http://www.racelistings.com/home.htm
>

> Sorry that it has taken me so long to write this story. My last race was Mengoni and after that I
> took a little bit of a break from the bike. <snip>

>I am just so fed up with this sport. <snip>

More proof that the world would be a better place without professional sports.

-RJ

> [...]
> least has health insurance. I am just so fed up with this sport. I have now been doing it for 15
> years (competitively) and I really don't know how much longer I can last.
>
> I love this sport and I love the people, no matter how much some of them **** me off. It makes it
> that much better when you beat them on the bike. One of the only reasons that I am going to race
> next year is because I have this jersey that allows me to enter any race for free. Well, I am
> going to give it another shot next year and try to do something at those Olympic trials next year.
> Try to surprise everyone. Train better and harder then ever before. If anyone has any questions,
> please do write me. Also, if anyone wants me to write on a topic. Feel free to let me know and I
> will gladly do so.
>
> Sorry if I offended anyone, I am just fed up and I had to vent.

Boo - freakin' - hoo...

So sorry that the National Championship jersey (U23) is not bringing the offers like he thought that
it would. Oh no! Having to work AND ride?!?! Who would have thought that possible... Now if he has
been in the sport for 15+ years, he should know by now that a professional cyclist in America, and
the world for that matter, is not paid jack squat unless you're Ulrich or Armstrong. Did he fail to
notice several US Pro teams folding this year?? There are a lot better riders out there looking for
work than him. So quit... We'll forget you in less than a year. But if you love the sport so much,
get a job, train hard, and show us all what you're capable of.

Tom "who has to work too" Arsenault

On 30 Oct 2003 06:41:27 -0800, [email protected] (RacerX) wrote:

>Jonathan Erdelyi Diary: Season Closer
>10/27/2003 By: Jonathan Erdelyi
>
>http://www.racelistings.com/home.htm

I really like reading his stuff, but could you please not post the whole article -- racelistings.com
has to pay bills too and you encourage people to side step their adds.

Thanks for at least posting the link too.

JT
NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Hmmm. You are 23 years old or so..... You have a National Championship....you have many wins and
podium finishes....but you have an ego so big you think people should be calling you up to ride for
them. I think more hard work and more proof that you have the abilities are what will have people
looking at you, not whining and complaining. Maybe you should call them and see what is going on
with their teams and 2004 plans. Stop the crying!

"PaulO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hmmm. You are 23 years old or so..... You have a National Championship....you have many wins and
> podium finishes....but you have an ego so big you think people should be calling you up to ride
> for them. I think more hard work and more proof that you have the abilities are what will have
> people looking at you, not whining and complaining. Maybe you should call them and see what is
> going on with their teams and 2004 plans. Stop the crying!

Thats what i said.