A Current Affair vs Cyclists

Thylacine

Dec 7, 2004
Vote for your favourite title of the impending 'exposé' on rogue cyclists and their 'death wish'.

*DISCLAIMER*

If you don't know the story, apparently a pedestrian was killed recently here in Melbourne by a cyclist. No, I don't know the whole story, but on first accounts apparently 'The Hell Ride' was the 'perpetrator'.
To keep things light and breezey before things get serious, I present to you this poll for your entertainment.

For the record, Thylacine Cycles in no way endorses death in any way, nor law breaking, nor the compulsory indication of an upcoming pothole. We recommend you be nice to your Mum, hug a hobo weekly, and resepct your SWMBO almost as much as your bike.

Thank you for your cooperation.

"Our top story tonight,"Rogue, murdering cyclists terrorise our streets".....today tonight, tonight at 6.30...& later in the show, world war 3 breaks out, see you then"

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration and that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and you are the imagination of yourself. Here's Tom with the weather...!"

Thylacine said:
"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration and that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and you are the imagination of yourself. Here's Tom with the weather...!"

nah, "A current affair" did that one last week, or was it just my 'acid' flashback? ...:D

How about

'Hooligan cyclists - WADA President **** Pound says they are all on drugs'?

How about

"Fat Ethnic cyclists offering fake weight loss pills and shonky DIY cosmetics taking part in the weekly "Hell Ride", are responsible for the 'un-australian' hit and run death of 'insert name here', shame, shame, shame"

If what the paper is true and the cyclist has disobayed a traffic light and has struck the old man while the old man was crossing with a walk signal the cyclist should be charged. I state this is only if what the paper is true.

Cyclist has disobayed a traffic signal
the pedestrian was crossin with a walk signal

I know that i will be cut down for this statement but the road rules are law.

Beauyboy

beauyboy said:
If what the paper is true and the cyclist has disobayed a traffic light and has struck the old man while the old man was crossing with a walk signal the cyclist should be charged. I state this is only if what the paper is true.

Cyclist has disobayed a traffic signal
the pedestrian was crossin with a walk signal

Beauyboy
I don't think you'll be cut down...

Far from being cut down ...

The article is quite vague about the situation so its probably best to wait till the facts come out.

If the cyclist in question did run a Red Traffic light and took this poor old chaps life ... to walk away with only a $210 fine.... :confused:

I'm sure the cyclist in question isn't exactly feeling a million $$$ right now given the outcome of this incident :(

Overall not a nice situation.

beauyboy said:

No, but you are an Absolutist from Queensland. Is it okay if we cut you down for that? ;)

For some reason in the tabloid media cyclists are all portrayed as having come from the same womb/tarred with the same brush. Doesn't matter if you are a roadie, kid, mountain biker, businessman commuting in his suit, a courier, nana riding up the shop to get some milk, whatever, there's this big generalisation about 'cyclists'.

Car drivers don't seem to get lumped as one entity. Some young chick wipes out a family of four in her hatchback and nobody reports 'Driver louts'. The only time I see any sort of generalising like this is ethnic kids having drag races in Dandenong or the western suburbs of Melbourne or Sydney. Seems like wogs are easy targets too for the tabloids. Truckies don't get tarred like this, pedestrians don't, but cyclists do and I can't for the life of me work out why.

At least it takes the heat of dole bludgers, single mums, compo cheats and dodgy salesmen for a bit

Jono L said:
How about

"Fat Ethnic cyclists offering fake weight loss pills and shonky DIY cosmetics taking part in the weekly "Hell Ride", are responsible for the 'un-australian' hit and run death of 'insert name here', shame, shame, shame"

Top marks Thylo.

It's not everyday that someone posts a poll where the "This is a stupid poll" option becomes the clear winner with 50% of the votes!

golf clap for you. :)

interesting that the comment about the cyclist receiving the fine really doesn't seem to fit the rest of the story...

why would someone "signal their intention to cross the road" if they're at a set of lights waiting to cross??

In a shocking story tonight, you will see how parents are teaching children as young as three to ride bikes. In a parental nightmare we see Mothers and Fathers taking responsability for their children and ensuring that they get excersise and interaction with the out doors. Quite a disturbing trend when obesity and diabetes are the most common lifestyles in Australia. Where will it stop? how can these people call themselves parents when they take an interest in their childs devlopment?:eek: :eek: