A Dead Forum, Ed?

The Scrutineer

Apr 12, 2005
Eddie, I posted this on Pedalmag.com

To be fair, I posted it here. This is a response to "guest". You know. Guest.

My apologies. The thread is:
"Maybe we'd get further looking for success stories"

Now, do not get me wrong, I am not Ed bashing, however, he does trample on posters rather harshly. I wish he did not do that because I do get the message, he does have good messages, but after awhile you want to go "anti-Ed" in spite.

I have not yet. Ben Aroundo is another story.

I personally would like to see Leslie go for an upper echelon position at CCA, however, I can see her path being compromised by Ed pushing too hard. That is where my "signal to noise ratio" comment comes in. To much posting, the message gets lost.

In regard to Lister, I have known him since 1984. He has always been a positive factor in my development as a racer. Ed could have been a bit more positive/ helpful towards guys like Lister or Patrick. There are not that many around willing to step up to the forum plate at the moment.

I will have to hop over to that other forum, I guess. Give Ed a fair crack at me.

The Scrutineer

The Scrutineer said:
Eddie, I posted this on Pedalmag.com

To be fair, I posted it here. This is a response to "guest". You know. Guest.

My apologies. The thread is:
"Maybe we'd get further looking for success stories"

Now, do not get me wrong, I am not Ed bashing, however, he does trample on posters rather harshly. I wish he did not do that because I do get the message, he does have good messages, but after awhile you want to go "anti-Ed" in spite.

I have not yet. Ben Aroundo is another story.

I personally would like to see Leslie go for an upper echelon position at CCA, however, I can see her path being compromised by Ed pushing too hard. That is where my "signal to noise ratio" comment comes in. To much posting, the message gets lost.

In regard to Lister, I have known him since 1984. He has always been a positive factor in my development as a racer. Ed could have been a bit more positive/ helpful towards guys like Lister or Patrick. There are not that many around willing to step up to the forum plate at the moment.

I will have to hop over to that other forum, I guess. Give Ed a fair crack at me.

The Scrutineer
Glad you came to post here.

This is a good forum with more potential, actually, than the other two. Look at all the topics and choices offered. Did you know they will send you out a newsletter via emailing updating you on what is going on and evaluating certain threads.

I do not have much to comment on your post.

I only trample on others if they trample on me or if they do not know what they are talking about and pretend they do. I have no patience for liars and bullshitters.

Lesley will go for the CCA Presidency. She will win. You should support her and get other to do so. Other candidates interested in running should align themselves with her and they should present a strong, united slate for numeorus postions.

As for Lister I have a great deal of repect for him. You do him an injustice by lumping him in with Patrick Van de Wille whom I have little respect for.

Lister has been around for a long time and contributed a great deal to the sport. Lister has worn many hats in the sport and he has experience.

Patrick admits himself he has done nothing but be a spectator and a report on the sport. I, too, have reported on the sport and more often than he has. Van de Wille have given nothing to the sport he is, again self-admittedly, an opportunist who used cycling to get into journalsim . He wrote that himself.(I can pull up the quote if you want it)

I have always been fair with Lsiter and he has always been fair with me. Thta doesn't me I always agre with him. He certainly doesn't always agree with me. I value his opinion but that doesn't mean I will always heed it.

You can find Lister's email on the CCA web site. I suggest if you want his opinion of me you ask him. You might be surprised by what you hear.

Keep posting here Mr. Scrutineer.