A Decent full suspension mtb for £600-700?

MountainPro

Aug 11, 2004
I need a full suspension with discs.

Not too bothered about brand but would like to steer clear of the giant/trek range..

errr. no Halfords reccomnendations either..

any reccomendations?

MountainPro said:
I need a full suspension with discs.

Not too bothered about brand but would like to steer clear of the giant/trek range..

errr. no Halfords reccomnendations either..

any reccomendations?
I'm guessing to get a decent full suspension at that price range you'd be looking at previous years models on sale. Not tempted by a nice hardtail instead? Should get a nice one in that price range

David

VeloSpeed said:
I'm guessing to get a decent full suspension at that price range you'd be looking at previous years models on sale. Not tempted by a nice hardtail instead? Should get a nice one in that price range

David
There's a 2004 cannondale Jekyll 400 at Evans Cycles at 699 reduced from 999. Looks nice but no disks though. Lots of other reductions, worth a look

David

cheers guys...

at 600 quid it wil be an entry level bike but i have noticed that the price of these type of bike have really come down recently..

yes, i have bought stuff before from Evans...my last bike was bought there, very pleased with the service and price. It had £300 knocked off.

i have 3 hard tail mtbs already...i used to have a 98 C'dale SV 700...i miss it..

thanks

I started riding in the woods during the winter this past year (more aerobic, less wind chill) on my old Cannondale M500 solid frame. Great workout....beat the **** out of the 45 yo body though! Bought an '03 Jekyll on eBay for $700.00 ( 400.00 pounds?) Lefty fork w/lockout, Fox float rear shock, Magura hyd. discs. Great bike for the money. I looked at new and last years models and decided the way I ride it would get all scratched up the first season anyway so it wasn't worth it.